• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bought a used new Jeep Grand Cherokee

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
have been looking for a "J" series Cherokee for some time. Years actually. My quest was for a 2001 or2002 in grey or red.adf

The wife found a 2005 in red that was supposedly a great buy so she went ahead and bought it. Worst car ever. $6K into the buy and another $6k into repairs over the last two years.. It still has mystery issues. So I'm selling it as soon as the shop gives up. They want $128 for "diagnostics" which told them to replace parts that fixed NOTHING!

I only have the one key so I can't just steal it off the lot.

Now about the NEW used Jeep Cherokee. 60K on the clock and Everything works. It is almost virginal.

4WD, new tires and one minor blemish on the passenger's side about a foot long. No dents, just some rubbed pain my body guy can fix. All the bells and whistles except a moonroof. ( I don't even want one) Carpets and seats look brand new. I mean nobody sat in the back seats. No wear on buttons, knobs or fabrics.

Inline six is bulletproof and short on electronics. 4WD is mechanical with simple servos.
Steel grey paint and soft black fabric interior. Just as I would have ordered it new.

Missing heated seats but otherwise just what I always wanted. And only 60,000 miles. Bought it out of Florida but it has some history also in New York and Noth Carolina. Always dealer serviced.

So far it only seems to need rear shocks, maybe.

Took delivery last night and will be running down to Springfield tonight and Saturday out to the Ozark ranch property.

Pictures off E-Bay
2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX

• thumbnail 1 - 2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX
  • thumbnail 2 - 2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX
  • thumbnail 3 - 2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX
  • thumbnail 4 - 2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX
  • thumbnail 15 - 2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX
  • thumbnail 20 - 2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX
  • thumbnail 23 - 2002-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LAREDO-4X4-4WD-ONLY-60K-MILES-CLEAN-CARFAX

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee LAREDO 4X4 4WD ONLY 60K MILES CLEAN CARFAX!!!​

2002 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4X4 4WD ONLY 60K MILES CLEAN CARFAX NON SMOKER!​

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good. Glad you found what you had been looking for. Congrats.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good. A vehicle that age would be rusted to bits up here from the salt on the road in the winter.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There is no rust. None on the underbelly. The car was undercoated by the original owner. It looks factory new.

The outfit that sold this car was first rate. I would buy from them again.

Ebay Seller information​

prestige***cars (1635 )
100% Positive feedback

EASY BUYS LLC in Florida has been selling fine used cars and trucks on eBay for over 19 years through out the whole Nation. In that time we have provided many happy customers with high quality vehicles - just check out our feedback BEST***BUY on our other eBay store for the reference. We hope to provide quality pre-owned vehicles to eBay customers at prices that are far better than they would pay at a local dealership. Many of our vehicles are one-owner Florida cars and trucks that we acquire from new car dealers' excess inventory. We will do our best to guide you through the process as smoothly as possible. Should you choose to travel to Florida to take delivery of your vehicle, we are located near Ft. Lauderdale airport and will pick you up! If you'd like to inspect and test drive a vehicle, please call for an appointment. We do not keep regular office hours, and vehicles are locked indoors when we're not at the office.

FOR EBAY VEHICLES PICK UP LOCATION: 2324 Hayes St. Hollywood, FL 33020: 267-718-29631616810527506.png (Alex)
Contact us for more details

(267) 828-0460

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Drove to Springfield Friday night. car ran perfect. Went out to the Ozark ranch Saturday. Drive up and down the muddy hills and covered the car with red mud and gravel. Coming out of the woods we heard a whine from the fuel pump.

O'boy??!!? What did we hit. The pump whined all the way back to the Springfield Bungalow.

Now, I had put about 1/2 bottle of Sea Foam in the tank. I'm thinking "Uh oh," I screwed up. However, by the time we put another 240 highway miles on the Jeep, the whine was gone. And 123 MPG on the highway.

Other than that and a rotten set of wiper blades, the car, at 19 years old, is a perfect museum piece.

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked the JEEP up from the garage today. It needed a state a safety inspection but I had a list of repairs and replacements . Tires all around, ( the tires were original from 2002) Brakes shocks and an exhaust leak. They found one disturbing thing. A manifold leak that should have turned the engine light on. It didn't, because somebody removed the bulb. Go figure.

Emergency brake pads were also shot indicating somebody drove with it on. Hmmmm???

Car is now new underneath and appears as new in the interior. Everything works as it should. It drives like a new one as well.

I am looking forward to 200K added to the odometer under my watch.

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, you have a lot of budget for cars.
I own a business that requires a lot of different car and truck personalities. And I am a bit of a sports car buff.

Also, I own very remote property that has no improved roads leading to it. So I need some four wheel drive vehicles.

Also, the wife is very competitive so she has one of whatever I have. But her 3500 Ram is extended cab and automatic. And her crossfire is automatic and supercharged.

I am a stick shifter guy.

REAL TRUCKS HAVE DUALLY WHEELS, MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS, AND SAY CUMMINS ON THE SIDE!

REAL SPORTS CARS COME WITH STICK SHIFTERS AND NO CUP HOLDERS.