• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Border Collie

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Have to make this quick, going upnorth in a few.
Anyone have a line on anyone in Lower Michigan, Northern Ohio, or Indiana that may have any Border Collies up for adoption? I've tried the BC websites, but they are next to useless. What I need is a pup, male, preferrably white, but colouration really makes no difference, and long fur, I think thats a rough coat. He will be raised around cats, hence the need for a pup. I lost my best boy, Spike, while out on the road. No one knows what happened, he just disappeared back in April. Jan and I still look for him anytime we go out.See photos please. This guy was "MY" boy, he was very special
I know the chances are I'll never have another Spike, but I would like to come close.

Well, for some reason, I can't get the manage files to work.Will be back Friday afternoon, and try photos then when I've more time. TIA

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
And if anyone knows of a border collie puppy down south, preferably Alabama, let me know.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Here's the photos

Attachments

• Picture 138.jpg
    Picture 138.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 324
  • Picture 407.jpg
    Picture 407.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Pic019.jpg
    Pic019.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Pic002.jpg
    Pic002.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good photos John. Sorry to hear you lost your buddy. :(

Don't know of any border collies off hand but I'll keep an eye out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Have to make this quick, going upnorth in a few.
Anyone have a line on anyone in Lower Michigan, Northern Ohio, or Indiana that may have any Border Collies up for adoption? I've tried the BC websites, but they are next to useless. What I need is a pup, male, preferrably white, but colouration really makes no difference, and long fur, I think thats a rough coat. He will be raised around cats, hence the need for a pup. I lost my best boy, Spike, while out on the road. No one knows what happened, he just disappeared back in April. Jan and I still look for him anytime we go out.See photos please. This guy was "MY" boy, he was very special
I know the chances are I'll never have another Spike, but I would like to come close.

Well, for some reason, I can't get the manage files to work.Will be back Friday afternoon, and try photos then when I've more time. TIA

Have you seen this site, John?

http://www.buckeyebcrescue.org/available.html

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
there's a breeder just north of Salina, Ks. (I know, not in your driving range, but if no luck elsewhere, keep it in mind) You might also go out to petfinder.com and do a breed search - they'll start with closest to your zip code and widen out from there.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
What a pity I cannot bring one over for you as there are loads of them here. It is border collie country round here, used for bringing the sheep in. My last dog was a border collie and was a lovely dog, but scared of my sheep!! I haven't a picture of him handy at the moment so I will post a picture of Ollie the collie that my daughter used to have.

Attachments

• Zoe's pictures 588.jpg
    Zoe's pictures 588.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 305

redragtop

Here is a place you may be able to get a puppy. Of course it is in Epping, North Dakota but they seem to have a good rep (been in business for 15 years) and will arrange shipping or delivery to you. Here is the phone # & email 701-859-3682 sandhillbc@yahoo.com Sandhill Border Collies They will have new puppies shortly. Good luck finding a new pooch!

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Screwed up those photos. The black Lab was Suzie, had her for 15 years. She was a good old girl. Any way, will try and post another photo of Spike.

Attachments

• Picture 246.jpg
    Picture 246.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Picture 408.jpg
    Picture 408.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 276

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the replies all! I tried the links you guys sent, but no luck finding my boy. At Pet Finder I found a BC I'm interested in. He's at a home in Traverse City Mi. Just on the other side of the state from Barton City. Not a bad ride atall. Name of Levi, tricolour longhair, 8 months old I think it said. Yup, I'm thinking, and sometimes it's good to do that!!:dizzy::beer:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
What a pity I cannot bring one over for you as there are loads of them here. .

Ice, would love to have a BC from the olde country. I suspect that there is not many over here directly from the UK. I know my grandparents had one that a relative sent them from Scotland, a female longhair tricolour. That was a long time ago, and really the only thing I remember is how "Ring" would try herding us kids.
Are the BC's in your neck of the woods been kept true to their bloodlines? And how about the puppy mills? I would hope no one has inbred them as much as what's happened over here with a number of breeds from bad breeders.:tiphat::beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John,
I used a link much like this to find our Great Dane.
No doubt you can find one at one of these breeders.

http://www.stockdog.com/breeders/bc.htm#Michigan

If interested check out the breeders website and BBB in the area to be sure you are not dealing with a puppy mill. If no BBB reference ask for references ... or even better visit and have a look around.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Doc!! That photo of Taz is very eyecatching. What a gorgeous BC:tiphat::beer:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Jonday, most of the collies round here are working dogs (lots of sheep in this area) and are bred on the farms, working stock. We have an animal sanctuary near us and it usually has a load of collies looking for homes. My border collie, Ci (Welsh for dog) was one of the offspring of a working collie mother and working collie father (the two farms that they came from were next door to one another!!) One parent had ears upright and the other down, Ci could never make his mind up!

Attachments

• Ci 1 (2).JPG
    Ci 1 (2).JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 278

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Very handsome lad there Ice. How do you pronounce Ci? Like it's spelled, as "sigh". I don't know enough Welsh to be able to say his name correctly.:tiphat::beer:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ci is pronounced 'key', there is a small accent (tent shaped) over the 'i' instead of the dot, but I don't know where to find it on my keyboard.