• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombi valuation

java230

Looking at a Bombi, thoughts on value? Google is all Over.

It's been parked in a field near me for 12 years. Tracks rubber may tired from UV. Ford 1.6L parts still around?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Condition, condition, condition. Next is location, location, location.

There are parts still around for the engine or a repower with something else.

You have to estimate the cost to get it snow worthy first. Let that determine more than
anything else what to add to get a reasonable price. If you have to haul it commercially
don't forget that cost in the total.

IF the current owner has a history of it, that can be a huge help. Ask lots of questions.

To date these machines are going up in value, but with most likely a coming recession,
prices can and will go down at some point.

I bought my Snow Trac in 2010 at the height of that recession from a guy whose wife was a realtor of homes.
They needed the cash for sure, you could tell. It ran and I drove it first. Nice if that is possible and will add
to the value.

What is reasonable? Do the math and stick to your answer.

Just my 0.2 cents worth.

java230

Condition, condition, condition. Next is location, location, location.

There are parts still around for the engine or a repower with something else.

You have to estimate the cost to get it snow worthy first. Let that determine more than
anything else what to add to get a reasonable price. If you have to haul it commercially
don't forget that cost in the total.

IF the current owner has a history of it, that can be a huge help. Ask lots of questions.

To date these machines are going up in value, but with most likely a coming recession,
prices can and will go down at some point.

I bought my Snow Trac in 2010 at the height of that recession from a guy whose wife was a realtor of homes.
They needed the cash for sure, you could tell. It ran and I drove it first. Nice if that is possible and will add
to the value.

What is reasonable? Do the math and stick to your answer.

Just my 0.2 cents worth.
Thanks, yes condition drives a lot.

This is the case of me stopping by their house and saying I want it. I don't have a don't of research or time looking at it yet.

I'd assume it does not run, but appears to be OK shape from the road. Last time I stopped by no one was home. I wasn't going to go snooping around.

I'm assuming tracks rebuild in a year or three. Engine prob OK, with carb work to get it running.

That's kinda my going in idea of condition.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, yes condition drives a lot.

This is the case of me stopping by their house and saying I want it. I don't have a don't of research or time looking at it yet.

I'd assume it does not run, but appears to be OK shape from the road. Last time I stopped by no one was home. I wasn't going to go snooping around.

I'm assuming tracks rebuild in a year or three. Engine prob OK, with carb work to get it running.

That's kinda my going in idea of condition.
Ok that is all quite positive news.
Assuming it runs is not the same as seeing oil pressure, and the presents of oil smoke or misfires.
It does however up the value.

As for much more help I will defer to the Bombardiere authorities here.

java230

Ok that is all quite positive news.
Assuming it runs is not the same as seeing oil pressure, and the presents of oil smoke or misfires.
It does however up the value.

As for much more help I will defer to the Bombardiere authorities here.
Cool thanks, I'll wait for their input.

At this point I don't know much other than I've been driving by for 12 years. It's got blackberries growing thru it.

But yes I think it will need work, but I'm just assuming the base is ok. I need a value to start on for negotiations

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Any pictures? Find out what broke……the differential would be a tough one to replace. If it’s only cosmetic and rubber….i‘d pay $2,000 (Knowing I’m going to spend $5-$7k on parts)….plus your work.

java230

Any pictures? Find out what broke……the differential would be a tough one to replace. If it’s only cosmetic and rubber….i‘d pay $2,000 (Knowing I’m going to spend $5-$7k on parts)….plus your work.
Google map pic
Capture.JPG

Do 1500 seems like a good starting point?

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Google map pic
View attachment 155461

Do 1500 seems like a good starting point?
Yes, though I’d take a gazillion pictures inside and out…..see what’s needed to get it to a spec you’re comfortable with, then make an offer the next day. It could be junk….or a fantastic project! Have you ever rebuilt something from the ground up? If so, you’re in the right place! If not, lots of Bombi owners and Snow cat master mechanics in here. Good luck!

java230

Yes, though I’d take a gazillion pictures inside and out…..see what’s needed to get it to a spec you’re comfortable with, then make an offer the next day. It could be junk….or a fantastic project! Have you ever rebuilt something from the ground up? If so, you’re in the right place! If not, lots of Bombi owners and Snow cat master mechanics in here. Good luck!
I'm OK with a project. And reasonably mechanically inclined.

I'll try to find when they are home and stop by!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Definate no go. He likes it and uses it a few times a year still. It's in very good shape from my quick look over
Things change over time. Keep in touch with this man, and when snow is around ask him for a ride.
Sometimes that expression of interest is enough for an owner to keep you at the front of the list
when the day comes, he wishes to sell.
I believe many snow cats are never offered publicly because the owner already knows who is interested
and who he WANTS to sell it to. :whistling: :cool:

java230

Things change over time. Keep in touch with this man, and when snow is around ask him for a ride.
Sometimes that expression of interest is enough for an owner to keep you at the front of the list
when the day comes, he wishes to sell.
I believe many snow cats are never offered publicly because the owner already knows who is interested
and who he WANTS to sell it to. :whistling: :cool:
Yeah I left my info. We are both Hams so maybe that gives me a little head start. He mentioned 15k tho....

Never really get snow locally, just a couple inches, but that's a great idea!