• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombi BR100 restoration HELP

snowcatt

Its plastic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 241

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Natey

This is a picture of my Bombi’s front with the nose removed....tank in front.

lSeFR0M.jpg
[/IMG]

BvA7lwS.jpg
[/IMG]

Bob

Natey

Sounds good, I have thought about converting my steel hydraulic tank that sits in the back next to the motor into a fuel tank, it pretty much looks like the fuel cell in your link.I don't think I will be using hydraulics on the machine anyways. But would be nice to have a orginal one up front also.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that steel hydraulic fluid tank is maybe 2 gallons. Reach out to MN outdoors.....I know he’s got one tank if not already sold.

Bob

Natey

Ok I will get ahold of him. I do believe my hydraulic tank is at least 5 gallons looks fairly new, if nothing else would make a good reserve tank. I don't have a plow or anything so not much use to me.
Nate

Attachments

• 20201009_223034.jpg
    20201009_223034.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 248

Natey

This week got the chassis stripped and just finished painting today, next will have to get the cab stripped and decide on what color I should paint it. Starting to look a lot better than the trailer full of parts I had when I brought it home lol.

Natey

This week got the cab painted and put back on,along with a new exhaust,and converted the motor over to electronic igntion runs 100% better now.

Next I need to find a place to make me new glass for the doors and a new windshield. Also have to either repair the engine hood or try to find a new one, previous owner cut a lot of unnecessary material out of it and isn't very strong anymore.

Natey

Thanks I figured it would look sharp with the black chasis, I cant stand the orginal yellow haha.

The winch that is on it now is the one that came with the machine when I bought it. I have never heard of the brand before it says "Ramsey wonder winch" on the side its rated for 4k pounds. It seems like a real rugged winch it holds a lot of cable also. However the only way to operate is a knob mounted on the winch so cant be in machine to use witch is not ideal.

I would like to see your winch setup, at some point I'm going to upgrade mine to something a little heavier and definitely has to have some sort of controller.

Nate

HillBilt

Yeah I hear ya. Not a fan of the yellow either. Whatever winch I end up going with will have a wireless remote. I have swapped over on my trail rigs and it’s a game changer haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natey

Does anyone happen to have some pictures of the tin work that goes behind the driver seat in between the motor and cab. I have a couple pieces one I am certain fits in good and bolts up but leaves a big gap still. The other piece I have looks like it is suppose to go to the machine but not really sure how doesnt seem to find to good in any direction.
Thanks, nate
20201113_155623.jpg
20201113_155616.jpg

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Here’s a couple pics behind the seat in the Bombi

Attachments

• 97DEC8FA-B6C2-4E4D-99EE-9A8583A288E1.jpeg
    97DEC8FA-B6C2-4E4D-99EE-9A8583A288E1.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 156
  • D5F0F510-8404-4DD1-9956-89B04D08734D.jpeg
    D5F0F510-8404-4DD1-9956-89B04D08734D.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 154
  • CBFECA75-1015-4240-BB38-86E211B3F47E.jpeg
    CBFECA75-1015-4240-BB38-86E211B3F47E.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 91128824-699C-4586-8175-8C4EE3BFB248.jpeg
    91128824-699C-4586-8175-8C4EE3BFB248.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 165

Natey

Great!!! Thanks for those that cleared up my confusion on what pieces went where on the machine. I was starting to wonder where that big piece went haha. I'm guessing that hole is suppose to be for engine intake to suck air from the cab?? Seems strange.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Great!!! Thanks for those that cleared up my confusion on what pieces went where on the machine. I was starting to wonder where that big piece went haha. I'm guessing that hole is suppose to be for engine intake to suck air from the cab?? Seems strange.
It is. I’ve read threads where folks line the cab with pink styrofoam board to keep it warm....because the engine intake is from cab air, lots of outside airflow. It seems weird, but when you look where the exhaust manifold points to.....its down into the frame/tub. I assumed the engineers thought “hey, if there is a manifold/ exhaust leak, won’t this cause a carbon monoxide issue?”......so they create a positive airflow into the cab by pulling intake air from inside the cab. That’s my best guess. The only other reason (which might be more plausible)......keep the air filter from freezing over (I’ve had this happen on our John Deere when snow blowing).

Bob

Natey

Oh ok that makes a little more sense now, not to sure how well my heater will keep up with the intake setup like that but will find out I guess. I have been trying to find some sort of fire resistant noise insulation for the inside anyways, not to sure pink insulation would look to good lol.
Nate

SKINOW11

Any chance you have some extra Flexitor that you would like to sell?
Thanks!
Chris

Attachments

• Flexitor.jpg
    Flexitor.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 98

bluetickjr

Oh ok that makes a little more sense now, not to sure how well my heater will keep up with the intake setup like that but will find out I guess. I have been trying to find some sort of fire resistant noise insulation for the inside anyways, not to sure pink insulation would look to good lol.
Nate
Hi, are you aware of the Bombardier Bombi and BR100 Snowcat group in Facebook. There are a lot of members sharing info there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505039769744937/?ref=share