Bombardier SKIDOZER 252 Manuals Ready

paulhenry

I have the Bombardier Operator's / Maintenance Manual for the SKIDOZER 252 G and the C6 maintenence and repair manual digitized into pdf files.

They are to big to upload - what shall I do?

I can send via e-mail to any who need.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Paul there are several options. One is to try to upload them into the PHOTO GALLERY. The file size limit there is much larger (10x). Still it might require breaking the file into a couple pieces.

You could also email the file to me and I can include it on the DVD-R disk that contains the other manuals. Check your "Private Messages" for a message from me.

snowkatjoe

Paul, Bob
that's great, if the info pertains to some of the general B200 maintenence and repair information for mine I'd be up for a copy but if it dosen't then "don't count me in" so as not to overload systems, yours and the forums; thanks, I've been working out the bugs on my cat, general motor problems (F 300 6 4-speed Manual and 1 of 12 Hydro rear ends a contract machine for BPA 1982) limits me to short trips until shake down cruses and confadance builds for something like a cross mountain trip. Let me know and thanks again...
Joe

docmaple

I have a Skidozer 252 1980 and would really love to have the manual. Is it emailable? Thanks Docmaple Happily enjoying the lake effect snow in NE Ohio. PS my email is docmaple@msn.com

Last edited:

MNoutdoors

Tracked Evolution Central
GOLD Site Supporter
hey, does anyone know how to remove the sprocket in order to change the seal?

on the SV252 you do not need to remove the sprocket to change the seal,but you do need to pull the track off. first remove the axle cap in the center of the sprocket hub, then pull your axle( it is a floating axle) then
you must remove the outside seal to get at the seal shoulder nut it will have a tab that locks holds it from coming loose. then there will be another lock nut behind that that tightens the hubs bearing there is a tab holding it in place also but you will have to remove the locking tab washer that is in front of it. then the nut, now you can pull the sprocket and hub off the spindle replace you rear seal and then reassemble (most of time time the reason for the seal failure is most owners do not know that there is a grease Zerk on the hub to grease it. it is really kind of hard to get at once the track is on. but what we do it mark a tooth on the sprocket so the when the Zerk is to the inside you can get to it from underneath. if it does not greased the seal will go out and the bearings eventually it should be greased every 50 hours as should the wheels bearing at the same time.

Last edited:

MNoutdoors

GOLD Site Supporter
Do you happen to know what gear lube goes in the differential? Not sure if its regular gear oil or mineral oil?

For years bombardier recommended ATF fluid in the differential and we sold a lot of ring and pinions. now we use Tractor Trans-hydraulic fluid and we only sell ring and pinions to the people that are still using ATF. so use Tractor Trans-hydraulic 15W in the cold and 30W in the summer

jmm14

I have the Bombardier Operator's / Maintenance Manual for the SKIDOZER 252 G and the C6 maintenence and repair manual digitized into pdf files.

Would appreciate a copy of the 252G. Would help me a lot for repairs.

Thanks. jmm14@me.com

Jean-Marc

Elliot

Hi Guys, realize this is an old thread but I am trying to track down a Bombardier Skidozer 252 user guide/operator manual. I have found one online however it seems to be missing every second page. If anyone has one they could email it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. email elliotross@hotmail.com

jmm14

Paul that would be awesome. Been looking for it over a year. Anything you have on the 252. My e-mail address is jmm14@me.com. Thanks a lot Jean-Marc

MNoutdoors

GOLD Site Supporter
Jmm14, that post is eight years old. It looks like Paul has not posted in a long while. Maybe try a email

Arling

I would appreciate the service 252 manual. I have a SV 250 and am not sure of all the differences but I am sure this would be helpful. Thanks for your time.

OhioTC18

GOLD Site Supporter
Arling, the original poster with the manuals has not logged in in about 8 years. I doubt he will see your post. Maybe someone that saved the manual will be able to share it with you.

Arling

Thanks OhioTC18. If anyone out there has a service manual for a SV 250, let me know. I have a parts manual for my SV 250.