• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

bombardier questions

yj junker

tha atv club is looking at a replacement for our old tired tucker and we are looking at a 92 bombardier 252? it is 10ft wide with a 10ft drag ram steer 10ft 6 way blade,the thing we are concerned about is the little 4cyl perkins and the allison auto having enough power to haul the hills on the trail system,we are going to a 2 track system to be able to get across some of the water hole and bogs we are getting the tucker 4 track stuck in then breaking it all to he!! trying to get it out:doh: anybody have any experience with these machines ? or know of a good site to get more info and help on this?

northeastheavy

Where are you located and what kind of terrain do you have. I have a 1991 br60+ which has the perkins diesel/ allison automatic. Its smaller than the sv252 at only 8foot wide with 29" tracks. We have recently had some deep powder, 2-6 foot drifts and the br60+ did have plenty of power up steep hills, especially after getting packed. Don't think you will have a power issue and if you need more power, just add a turbo. I think its a 20hp difference. At 6K pounds, they are in the same weight area as 252.

yj junker

I am in New Brunswick ,Canada and not sure if the bomb has a turbo or not,but I'm sure I can swap one on ;)

yj junker

eventually we are going to sell it ,but we have to find something to replace it,the tucker does not do well in the soft boggy area's it sinks too easy and we need something with better floatation

I have several old brochures of the Skidozers with both the gas Ford 300 and the diesel Perkins 1004-4T. The gas is 124 hp with 241 lbs of torque and the diesel is 110 hp with 257 lbs of torque. I have never driven one but I owned a Spryte for several years and groomed with it and other demanding tasks and it pulled like a mule and was a very capable snowcat. The Spryte and Skidozer are almost identical with the Sprtye being a little lighter and the Skidozer a little tougher.
The other thing I notice, stricktly from the brochures, is the Skidozer and the BR60+ share almost identical undercarriages and power trains. The big differance is they drive in opposite directions and therefore have different cab arrangements. The Skidozer did have optional 41" wide aluminum tracks available too.

The Ford 300 and auto transmission never lacked in power in the Spryte so I would think the Perkins is just as capable.:my2cents:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
don't know much about the skidozers but that little perkins motor should be a good one i've worked on several in the past their kind of a pain to work on but it's seldom you do have to do anything other than change the oil on them.

northeastheavy

You may want to talk with Brad at Minnesota outdoors. 218-828-7876. Or PM member Boggie!! Pretty sure he has a few 252's for sale and knows them well. Most important he lives on the "bog" and knows how it would preform!!:whistling:

yj junker

the one we are looking at has the very wide ,possibly 41"(no measuring tape),aluminum cleated tracks on it ,we are waiting for the owner to agree with our terms of sale ,we want to test run it through our trail system for a day to see how it performs he only wants to let us try it in a flat feild,we have agreed to pay the float charges to and hopefully not from ;) our trail head