• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Bombi -81 restoration, need some help!

1986mcd

i contacted will make me a new driveshaft and they only charge 380$ for it,so i think i got a bit lucky there. :)

Do you know what type steel was used to fabricate the driveshaft? Maybe stress proof, 8620, or 4140/30? Was it heat treated? Considering a spare for my wife's 1988 Muskeg Carrier Diesel.

Alpine Man

I put a toyota 20r in my bombi. Now I can take off in 5th gear. Huge improvement.
The drive shaft conversion was not bad. I just made two rings to go over the old shaft so that it would fit snug inside the other and welded the two together. Worked perfect

Don

Manlig

Do you know what type steel was used to fabricate the driveshaft? Maybe stress proof, 8620, or 4140/30? Was it heat treated? Considering a spare for my wife's 1988 Muskeg Carrier Diesel.

No i dont know how they made my driveshaft bu i hope they did a proper job thou :hammer:

Manlig

I put a toyota 20r in my bombi. Now I can take off in 5th gear. Huge improvement.
The drive shaft conversion was not bad. I just made two rings to go over the old shaft so that it would fit snug inside the other and welded the two together. Worked perfect

Don

Cool! Is that a gas or diesel engine? I would love to see some pic of your bombi and engine swap!

Manlig

Will try this setup for steering.

c45aad32f4b5d035e86e361756d67888.jpg

2dc406a20b93cd5df8e7b9f8504ebc1a.jpg

c0342a4d692db145061f0cf02e960f28.jpg

Last edited: