• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BMW E53 X5 4.8 is.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice car to drive, very comfortable. But put together with no thought and lots of cheap plastic parts.
Had to change the headlight control, or so I thought must take the bumper off to do so. Didn't fix the issue, but I gotta say, a benz is much better engineering wise and much simpler to work on.
Selling my white convertible now, which is a well built nicely engineered car.
Once I get the x5 in top shape, it's gone.
I'll stick with benzes from here on out.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BMW seems to design more trendy cars that look out of date quickly and rarely stand up to the test of time. The old 02 series (1600-2002 models) coupes/convertibles, from the mid-late 1960's are a rare exception, they are just a classic design. Still look awesome.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BMW seems to design more trendy cars that look out of date quickly and rarely stand up to the test of time. The old 02 series (1600-2002 models) coupes/convertibles, from the mid-late 1960's are a rare exception, they are just a classic design. Still look awesome.
Another classic, timeless design (and the model I drive) is the 1997-2003 E39 5-series.
Not my pic as mine is white.

1628694604309.png