• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

beware of iphone 16 update if you like to preview messages

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My iphone 11 updated last night. I okayed it.
Now all preview messages on the lock screen show up at bottom. Weird and I don't care for it.
Then if other messages come in they are stacked at the bottom so that you only see one and have to click on it to see the others.
WTH were they thinking?
They changed things so you can add apps and stuff to the lock screen, I could care less about that. But because of that I loose the preview function I had gotten so used to.

chowderman

I've noticed that on DW's 11 - but in her case it's a good thing . . . she gets so many 'notices' (don't ask....) the stacking approach at least keeps _some_ of the home screen visible.....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I get my share of messages and notifications also, but with stacking I have to open to see what's underneath. I prefer seeing them all without clicking, even if I have to page though them.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'v never been an apple person work phone was one and I disliked it emnsely
my android you can sideload apps its your responsibility to make sure they'r ok
Apple is big brother and in bed with chinese in my opinion.

Ironman

“iPhones are charging slower due to a setting Apple added in iOS 16.1
Clean Energy Charging.
Turned on, it will only recharge the iPhone's battery when the electrical grid uses cleaner energy sources like solar or wind.”
Disable under Settings > Battery > Battery Health & Charging

04478807-F8DE-4811-89DB-4DA8150BC202.jpeg
B5B7DA05-390B-4476-87B1-EA1F659ADC15.jpeg
EC151DD0-ED20-4B6C-BECB-B7D56C12DF4D.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. Mine was set to clean energy charging. Turned it off. It advised me I’m killing the planet. Ass holes.

Thanks Ironman!!!!