• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bear hit by truck Harrison Valley, Potter county PA

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A big un. :wow:

(UPDATE! 638 pounds, 18 years old and 8ft tall. PGC reports he would of been 700+ last fall)

Attachments

• BearHitByTruckInPA1.jpg
    BearHitByTruckInPA1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 264
  • BearHitByTruckInPA3.jpg
    BearHitByTruckInPA3.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 286
  • BearHitByTruckInPA2.jpg
    BearHitByTruckInPA2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 274

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Son of a gun, that is a big bear. Wow. That size, 8 footer, is getting into grizzly territory. What the hell did the truck look like I wonder.

Unreal.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Son of a gun, that is a big bear. Wow. That size, 8 footer, is getting into grizzly territory. What the hell did the truck look like I wonder.

Unreal.
Yeah ...I wondered about the truck also. No clue what size truck it was but we know it had to be a big un. Otherwise someone would have been killed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
To bring this back to a really basic level, I've never eaten bear meat. What does it taste like?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
To bring this back to a really basic level, I've never eaten bear meat. What does it taste like?

Depends on the time of year. The best time to harvest one is right before hibernation, when they're nicely fattened up. At that time, a person would be hard pressed to distinguish the meat from expensive prime beef.

P.S. Try not to get one over four years old. They tend to get tougher with age, with two year olds generally yielding the most tender and best tasting meat.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
bears are basically pigs nobody eats a barren ground grizzly. blacks however can be pretty tasty when prepared right, do not shoot one at the local dump or one that has been eating a lot of fish they wont taste very good. yes that's a abig bear especially for a black we have a lot of barren ground grizzly's in that size range around here.