Beanstalk- Lima NY 5/3/19

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Lima NY’s slogan is “crossroads of western NY” and there will be some West to East/East to West snowcats crossing in the area so why not have a spring meet-up?

The day will be Friday May 3rd. There will be at a minimum 3-4 machines in attendance. Drinks,food, fire, maybe catting on the grass slope if anyone has the urge? Room to camp, even for busses. Family friendly event.

Can anyone from NY make it? Southtowns? Topwelder? Partsman? I’m sure there are many others. Maybe somebody has a kid attending a Rochester University and they could make a dual purpose trip West? PA? New Englanders? Ontario or Quebec even?
Short notice but make it if you can!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Crossroads cat crossing 5/3/19

Technically not from NY, but I may be able to make it?

Anything orange hanging out in an abandoned ski hill on the way?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

camping at the BEAN, that sounds great, you might even get some from outside NY

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter

exactly, to all, If you are hunting down your snow cat, it is a real great way to save miles and meet cool people. sadly if I go my trailer will likely be loaded, but my buddies is empty. too many maybes to make a solid offer, but I have moved and coordinated many efforts, it is this snow cat community at work...

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

exactly, to all, If you are hunting down your snow cat, it is a real great way to save miles and meet cool people. sadly if I go my trailer will likely be loaded, but my buddies is empty. too many maybes to make a solid offer, but I have moved and coordinated many efforts, it is this snow cat community at work...

how much did you pay for that beat up st4 from north Idaho?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter

Technically not from NY, but I may be able to make it?

Anything orange hanging out in an abandoned ski hill on the way?

It is a Wisconsin friendly household, my wife and I were residents for the majority of our lives. Heck, we are even in Wisconsin right now! There will be a fresh supply of brats, cheese, smoked fish and Leinenkugels in rhe fridge
You’ll probably dig up something to put on your trailer along the way. How’s the shedding the excess snowcat program going? Sell two, buy three? You should be down to the target number in no time

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter

I am going with bean stalk.

Now lets talk about border fencing.........

Who was on the moat today??

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:unsure::sad: That's a 'crossover' weekend for me. Was out this weekend for a home game quick turn, then the same on the 27th. Home on the 3rd, then back out for school pack out on the 10th. Bummed.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
:unsure::sad: That's a 'crossover' weekend for me. Was out this weekend for a home game quick turn, then the same on the 27th. Home on the 3rd, then back out for school pack out on the 10th. Bummed.

Dang, that didn’t mesh up very well.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I forgot to mention, there will be a mug give away!
The odds are really good right now too

Attachments

• B05A5D1D-6F29-43AA-98BA-EFD0D64F8243.jpg
    B05A5D1D-6F29-43AA-98BA-EFD0D64F8243.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 170

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds pretty legit.

I didn’t really expect many to be able to make it, short notice, no snow, busy time of year, etc

There will be forum member(s) and machine(s) in attendance, closest guess to both numbers wins the mug. You don’t need to be there to win!
If there is a tie it goes to the earlier guess

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
damn, when I heard there was a mug give away, I thought it was for the furthest distance. or heaviest GVWR, Hours travelled with out sleep ect......

Now with all these guessing I will have to make a guess and then pick up random strangers to get to the winning total.

The midwest contingent is holding strong at one sqwrl and a handful of maybes.

ON a serious note. if anyone out east needs anything from points west speak up.

this includes 100 gal fuel tanks, grousers , idler wheels, used fuel filters....

damn I am going to have to stay mute. there could be more cats than people if these weekend long baptisms and three day proms are actually a thing?

Hell over on the other coast I went to a snow cat Bbq GTG and I had one of the shortest commutes relative to time. traffic bogged a couple of attendees down, oh and there was that one couple who stopped to pay road tax..... then made that time up trying to pay more.....

east bound and down loaded up and trucking...... Good ole Jerry Reed will be on repeat....

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I will have to see if people can guess how many cheap tuckers ( with engines) are changing hands....

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
damn, when I heard there was a mug give away, I thought it was for the furthest distance. or heaviest GVWR, Hours travelled with out sleep ect......

east bound and down loaded up and trucking...... Good ole Jerry Reed will be on repeat....

Plenty of mugs in the cupboard.

It’s more of a “down bound then East, struggle through Ohio...” kind of drive.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have been known to go over the top to get east.
If the ferry was up and running I would be on it.....
I have had multiple towing problems in IL on sundays. IL has some strange ass rules

Yeah the tolls going east suck equally as well.....

ah hell enough bitching, I am ready to kick this summer into gear.