• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bathroom reno.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. That heated floor is nice.

Nothing too exciting today. The tiles behind the tub are grouted. The shower is cleaned up and ready for grout tomorrow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Perfect timing. We got a call that the glass was in yesterday. They came out to install it today. We're still waiting for a couple pieces of the fixtures to install the taps jets and showerheads. 20210412_155500.jpg20210412_155516.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That is one huge shower, I love it. Enjoy :)

Oh, we will. It'll be the Cadillac of showers. 3 separate systems in there. One for her with just an overhead rainshower. One for me standing with overhead rainshower and 3 wall jets aimed directly at the trouble spots on my back. For days when I'm having a hard time standing, I have the built-in bench complete with a separate shower wand and 2 wall jets aimed at my back. It's more like a spas.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still waiting on the counters and shower fixtures to be installed but the blinds came in. We went with the pleated horizontal blinds that can be lowered from the top or raised from the bottom. They'll allow plenty of light to come in and allow us to look outside meanwhile providing protection for the lower part of the window in case a squirrel or tweety bird wants to look at my stuff and think it's a tree branch they can climb or land on. ?

20210421_143716.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok. Even with the different shower heads, we gave it a whirl last night after a hot tub and the pressure was fine with both right and left overhead sprays on. The left overhead only lost pressure when the wall jets were on. Overall we're pleased with how it turned out.

Ceee

Site Supporter
I'm looking forward to seeing the counters and everything come together. It looks like your wife has already been in the shower putting some personal girly touches in there (y).

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's today! It's today! The countertops and cabinets in the kitchen are being installed. First up...the master bathroom.

20210514_093250.jpg20210514_093153.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We went with a lighter marble counter in the hall bathroom as it's smaller. It'll have a raised bowl sink the same as the master.

20210514_094810.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow Brian, your bath reno turned into kitchen reno also. Wow. Projects like that do have a way of growing.

I'm still dealing with a kitchen reno, flooring had been on back order and is going in today. Next week electrical and we still have the backsplash yet to go. Before and after pics once done.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. It kinda worked out that way. We figured since we're ordering countertops we'd do all the upstairs bathrooms to get rid of the dated tile countertops that were gross and hard to clean. That turned into ordering a bank of cabinets for more storage in the kitchen.

Here's the bathroom with both sinks. They aren't hooked up yet as we have to wait for glue and silicone to dry. That's tomorrow's task.

20210514_104845.jpg

Here's the hall bathroom with the sink and taps installed.

20210514_125932.jpg

The kitchen cabinets. The counter is temporary as the quartz counter isn't in yet.

20210514_143931.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're finally in the closing stages of a complete bathroom reno down to the studs. The only thing left is a couple pieces of tile that had to wait for the counters to be installed. I did the plumbing on the sinks today. We also need to pick out a backslash. It'll last us the rest of the time we're in this house which is hopefully another 40+ years.

20210515_175217.jpg20210515_175227.jpg20210515_175239.jpg20210515_175249.jpg20210515_175300.jpg20210515_175308.jpg20210515_175332.jpg