• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Armored wheels?

irvnriir

I cant find the information .

As far i understand there is 3 options to prevent flat wheels:

• Solid wheels .
  • Filling with foam or other viscose/solid material .
  • Smaller-diameter hard and firm or elastic insert in the wheel .

But i can't figure out what is used in modern vehicles, for example SuperAV . I would appreciate help .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I only know of foam filled tires being used on equipment like wheel barrows, fork lifts, etc.

I know nothing of them being used on any high speed vehicle like a motorcycle, ATV or car.

Solid wheels are typically used on casters, fork lifts and other equipment that runs on very smooth surfaces.

There are "run flat" tires designed for cars that have stiff sidewalls and allow the car to operate when the tires lose their air pressure. Not sure how far they can go, but probably far enough to get you out of trouble.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
@Melensdad i saw an image of solid wheels with grid structure, on large off-road industrial vehicle .
I have seen some experimental tires like that, but not any that are actually available for sale. Perhaps there are some that have passed the prototype testing. I'm just unaware of any commercially available. I believe Michelin was working on them for cars.