• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Are we about to run out of diesel engine oil?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
According to this article, engine oil for diesels may run out in about 2 months

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Shelves have been pretty barren of this stuff for a while now. I'm probably OK for a year but I do buy some every time I see it.

Same with DEF. I have at least a years supply.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no DEF engines. And one can use any 30 wt detergent oil in a diesel engine. Just change it at 3,000 miles.

Fleets and OTR's likely will have issues but there are alternatives.

Diesel Fuel is a whole nuther matter. I have 500 gallons tucked away. Enough for about 10,000 miles. The issue here might be refineries meeting the 7 PPM sulfur requirement.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just went and bought enough diesel oil and regular synthetic oil to change oil in everything including the generator ,tractor, diesel truck and bulldozer for a year. When trucks and farm equipment run out of diesel oil they will use regular oil and change it more often like Franc said, thats if they are still going after the DEF shortage. Thats going to effect the lite truck and auto oil prices and availability as well.