• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

And another Benz V12 car bought

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I did it again. I bought another v12 Benz. No pics to share yet. A 1996 SL600 with 53,000 miles.
As soon as I get it I'll take some pix. Black/Black, with the seats having gray inserts.
Probably have to sell my white bimmer convertible. Too many cars.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It's a 1994 E36 325I. Convertible five speed stick. It's on storage right now but I think it had 140,000 on it.
In the last two years
New Bilstein struts
New lemforder lower control arms
Rebuilt steering rack
New rotors and akebono pads all four
New battery will go in this spring
New "rtabs"
Tires are New
Other minor new parts
Came with Dinan exhaust, cold air intake, and Dinan chip.

Needs
Front seat covers are at the end of their life.
Speakers are shot
Some directions of power seat don't work, common issue, seats need to come out, motors removed, and more plastic gears installed.
Ac does not work. Major leak somewhere. Should be not too bad unless it the evaporator. Never got that far to check it out. Dumped Freon in, cold air came out of vents, and then empty again.

The thing runs great and though it has low horsepower, it is simply a blast to drive.
It's a m3 tribute by the previous owner. There was no m3 built in 1994.
The car gets lots of thumbs up. Even a biker gang went by thumbs up.

Maybe I won't sell it, and just keep righting the wrongs. If I keep writing I'll convince myself

• Haha
Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a 1994 E36 325I. Convertible five speed stick. It's on storage right now but I think it had 140,000 on it.
In the last two years
New Bilstein struts
New lemforder lower control arms
Rebuilt steering rack
New rotors and akebono pads all four
New battery will go in this spring
New "rtabs"
Tires are New
Other minor new parts
Came with Dinan exhaust, cold air intake, and Dinan chip.

Needs
Front seat covers are at the end of their life.
Speakers are shot
Some directions of power seat don't work, common issue, seats need to come out, motors removed, and more plastic gears installed.
Ac does not work. Major leak somewhere. Should be not too bad unless it the evaporator. Never got that far to check it out. Dumped Freon in, cold air came out of vents, and then empty again.

The thing runs great and though it has low horsepower, it is simply a blast to drive.
It's a m3 tribute by the previous owner. There was no m3 built in 1994.
The car gets lots of thumbs up. Even a biker gang went by thumbs up.

Maybe I won't sell it, and just keep righting the wrongs. If I keep writing I'll convince myself
We all need a bottomless pit to fill with our extra cash.
I have two with Chrysler Crossfire logos.

But my worst black hole is a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Took it to the shop for an "intermittent throttle signal" problem. I told them it was the sending unit. So that's what they refuse to replace.
The shop has had it for three weeks. Today I went by to see it and just pay the bill and take it home. They have apparently hidden it away. Nobody knows what's what or where it is.

For the record that Bimmer is one cool vehicle. Underpowered? yes but awesome in the twisties.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
here's some pics from the forums where it was advertised:

Attachments

• engine.jpeg
    engine.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • Left Front.jpeg
    Left Front.jpeg
    856 KB · Views: 112
  • Seats.jpeg
    Seats.jpeg
    750.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Side.jpeg
    Side.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fred,
You need a building for your collection. I know the feeling, and am planning on building an all steel building soon.
So nice to be able to put all the vehicles in one spot with room to do with them what you want.
Maybe you already have such a place.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Been looking for a couple acres so I can build something.
Need 70 feet long, maybe 40 wide. Want doors at both ends so I can drive through.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, something fell into my lap. Was sitting with my wife sipping some wine on the back of the boat, and some friends of friends that we know drove up in their dinghy and tied off. We chatted for about a half hour and then I mentioned I have too much stuff, not selling it, and have been looking for 1-2 acres to build a barn on to store it all in one place.
He says he has 1.9 acres that he's looking to sell. He says it has a 4+ car block built garage with insulated doors that he intended to full insulate. And then he says he has a stick built pole barn, sand floor, that could hold about 8 cars. And next to it a smaller barn for a wood shop. And a small house that needs alot of work. He has big plans for the place. The don't live there; they have a very nice condo on the water up river from us.
He had a heart attack, triple bypass, and artery work in his neck about 4 years ago, has slow down greatly, and wants to sell everything and move to his pace in Florida, since he hasn;t the enrgy to do what's needed.
Its on M63, a few miles north of Saint Joe and a few miles south of Hagar Beach - prime vacation rental location for a home.
So I'm thinking he's talking a couple hundred k, so I'd have to keep looking,
He says lets meet by the place Saturday.
Garage is nice. Barns are nice. Property is nice. Home is a wreck inside, but has good bones. Before his health issues, he sunk a brand new well.
Sold it to me for $60,000. Gotta gut the house to studs and rafters and start over.
He's leaving everything in the garage, and there's lots of good stuff. He owned an industrial electrician firm.
This was a couple weeks ago.
Last week went garage sales for my wife, and stumbled upon a very upscale neighborhood. Someone was selling a fairly new solid oak KraftMade kitchen stained cherry, granite countertop, and a jennair hood. $1,400 bucks for it all. 3 12foot enclosed trailer loads of cabinets. Nice score. 95 degrees out, sweating our butts off. Unloaded it all, went home, took cold showers, jumped in the red SL, and went for a ride.
Then by the Whirlpool headquarters, there was another garage sale. Guessing mostly whirlpool execs. Pull up to a fairly new prairie style home. Beautiful place, very nicely done. Even the furniture isnide followed FLW style. The guys mother died. She was going to finish the basement. Picked up about 800 wood look tiles, the long 6" wide ones ($450), 4 brand new still in packing prehung hardwood 6 panel doors ($125 each), and about 500 feet of hard wood trim and molding ($200). It was all in the basement that had 10 foot ceilings - about 14 or 15 steps and we had to carry it up the steps. The guy was nice enough to help. He was very happy we came along to buy it all.
I wanted to play the lottery that night, but finished too late to do so.
I guess I like garage sales now.
Got a guy coming out to look at pouring 6" reinforced concrete in the barns.
Another guy to take trees down too close to the buildings.
And getting a quote on an Amish built 40' x 80' x 16' walls, insulated, 14x 16 overhead insulated door, and a 12' open lean-to along one 80' wall.
I'll get a quote on a steel building too.
I have a,lot of work ahead of me, but this could turn out real nice.

Attachments

• 20210822_102454_1600x900.jpg
    20210822_102454_1600x900.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210822_102515_1600x900.jpg
    20210822_102515_1600x900.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210822_102450_1600x900.jpg
    20210822_102450_1600x900.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210822_102517_1600x900.jpg
    20210822_102517_1600x900.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20210822_102519_1600x900.jpg
    20210822_102519_1600x900.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 83

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hard to pass up a deal that falls in your lap.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
your sad story is very moving, mercs with V-12s are a great cruising cars, and one, becomes two and two, becomes three and before you know it, you have bought a bigger garage and that leads to an even bigger garage that has that "curb appeal thing" and before you know it, all the extra space is filled with more V-12s from the homeland...I feel your pain.