• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Americans are addicted to their phones

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Americans are addicted to their phones: More than 40% check cell immediately after having sex and more than half sit so long on toilet scrolling that their butts go numb, poll finds​

• A poll of nearly 1,100 American revealed people's daily smartphone habits
  • More than 40 percent said they checked their phone right after sex
  • While 90 percent said they use their phones regularly on the toilet, more than half admitted they stay on their phones so long their legs and butts fall numb
  • Nearly all those surveyed said they've gotten on their phones while speaking face-to -ace with someone and use their cells to get out of social interactions
  • More than 80 percent said looking at their phones bookended their days
By RONNY REYES FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 00:52 EST, 21 November 2021 | UPDATED: 09:14 EST, 21 November 2021

A new poll of nearly 1,100 adults revealed that Americans are truly addicted to their phones, with many admitting they check notifications right after having sex or sit on the toilet for so long that their butts go numb.
The poll, conducted by Solitaired, found that 40 percent of Americans use their phones immediately after sex, and that while 90 percent use their phones regularly while on the toilet, about 53 percent would scroll through apps for so long that their legs and butt would go numb while on the throne.
The poll also found that 91 percent of people would go on their phones out of boredom when socializing face-to-face with another person.

'I need to get home to see my child': NHS worker pleads with Insulate Britain eco-zealots as they block Lambeth Bridge for FIVE HOURS to support 'hunger striker' before police finally arrest 30 of them , and other top stories from November 21, 2021.

Americans said their favorite site to kill time on were Instagram, Reddit, Twitter and Facebook.
A poll of nearly 1,100 Americans found that people use their phones nearly every chance they get. About 40 per cent admitted to going on their phones immediately after sex, and more than 80 per cent said their phones were the first and last thing they see everyday

A poll of nearly 1,100 Americans found that people use their phones nearly every chance they get. About 40 per cent admitted to going on their phones immediately after sex, and more than 80 per cent said their phones were the first and last thing they see everyday
Americans said they need their phones whenever they're doing chores

Americans said they need their phones whenever they're doing chores
A large majority said their phones were the first and last thing they see each day

A large majority said their phones were the first and last thing they see each day
Solitaired found that of the most inappropriate places to use a smartphone, 50 percent of American's browsed at wedding ceremonies, while 31 percent admitted to being on their phones during a funeral or wake.
Smartphones also appeared to be a useful escape tool for Americans, as 86 percent said they use their phones to avoid interacting with others, and 61 percent confessed to using their phones to skip out on talking with specific family members during the holidays.
Phones, and the online content they connect people to, were also found to be tied to people's daily rituals and chores.

About 51 percent of Americans said they could not clean without consuming content, and 34 percent said they could never cook without the entertainment on the side.
The same was true for 60 percent of those who commute, and 63 percent said they could not exercise without their phones.
A shocking 35 percent also said they would not be able to shower or get ready in the morning without some kind of content through their phones.
The phone addiction was emphasized by how long a person could wait before checking a notification on their phone.
About 14 percent of Americans said they needed to see notifications right away, and 27 per cent said they could wait a few minutes. About 17 percent said they could wait 15 to 30 minutes, and 24 percent said they could wait up to three hours before looking at their phones

About 14 percent of Americans said they needed to see notifications right away, and 27 per cent said they could wait a few minutes. About 17 percent said they could wait 15 to 30 minutes, and 24 percent said they could wait up to three hours before looking at their phones
About 42 per cent of Americans admitted to hurting themselves because they were too busy looking at their phones

About 42 per cent of Americans admitted to hurting themselves because they were too busy looking at their phones
Nearly half of those surveyed said they could only last a few minutes before they needed to check a new notification.
About 17 percent said they could wait 15 to 30 minutes, and 24 percent said they could wait up to three hours before looking at their phones.
Only 14 percent said they could go longer than three hours. On average, an hour is the longest someone can go without checking a notification.
Phones also seem to bookend the majority of people's days, with 82 percent reporting that they check their phones right when they wake up, and 86 percent said scrolling through their phone is the last thing they do before bed.
The phone addiction is not without consequence, as 42 percent admitted to hurting themselves because they were too busy looking at their phones.

Solitaired conducted the nationwide poll in October with 1,098 Americans documenting their smartphone-related habits.
Respondents were 51 percent female and 49 percent male, and between the ages of 18 and 68 years old.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's just pitiful. They should be sharing a cigarette :yum:.
Bhahaha ....I agree Ceee.
Of the three major 'attention getters' I do have a facebook account, and a twitter account. Reddit I know nothing about. I'm bored with twitter so I never ever go there. Facebook I like for Marketplace buying and selling and family connections. Never tried Reddit. Anyone here like it?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's disgusting taking a phone to the loo with you.
I'm guilty of being a phone to Facebook browser off and on throughout the day.
At work the phone stays off in my purse.
At night before sleeping it goes off and kept on a table in the livingroom.

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I must be old or too slow to accept the cell phone.
I maybe pick it up once every few hours just to check for e-mail and maybe the stock market or weather depending on the day/time.
At most, I may get 2-3 phone calls/week on it. Everyone who knows me knows it's a very small chance I'd even answer it as I don't even carry it.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
1100 is an awfully small sample... did they text them to do the survey ? .....

It's a phone !!!! On the rare occaision it rings, I answer it. I don't wear a watch so I check it every few hours and might get a text every couple of weeks. I have never accessed the internet on it.