• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alpine Cat Jamboree 2021 - January 8th, 9th, and 10th

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi everyone! Just wanted to get the dates out for the Alpine Cat Jamboree in Joseph, OR in Wallowa County.

Dates are January 8th, 9th, and 10th 2021.

Details coming soon.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be there with the Frandee. Can hardly wait, it was a BLAST last year.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Here is one of my favorite photos I took last year, what a great time!!!

IMG_20200112_091844010_HDR.jpg

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
AddText_09-26-11.07.57.jpg
Those of you who were not at the Alpine Cat Jamboree last year may not make sense of this post, but I promise if you come this year you will understand. This guy keeps us all laughing and I promise you will never forget him. Connelly Brown aka The Yurt Meister.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_20201003_080858 (Large).jpg

Here is this year's poster. Still working on some of the final details. Will be announcing details soon. Stay tuned.

vintagebike

What? ... no adopted home state Kristis on the wanted list?

Maybe have to re-arrange our restoration list priorities.

8C00C763-AC07-49FA-9C33-DCB950FCAEA5.jpg

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Vintagebike... at Alpine cat Jamboree we do not discriminate if it's a snow cat of any sort we'd like to see it there. Maybe you can make it this year?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that kind of looks like your shop. i don't remember the fire pit.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a parade video from last year with one Skidozer, one Thiokol, one Frandee, and six Tuckers. Sure was a great time, I am planning on bringing the Frandee and hopefully I can get the Kitten in the back of the truck and bring it too. Good times!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZEKNxgD4mQ

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Here we all are at the ski area last winter.

IMG_20200110_153639556.jpg

And here is the two track contingent, sure would be nice if we could out number the 4 tracks this year. I am going to try and bring two, anyone else going to be able to bring a two track?

2 Tracks.jpg

AbelLMTV

Since we are self contained and do not require lodging does anyone know if it would be okay to stay in the parking area overnight?? Logistically it would be easiest for us since this is what we built our entire setup for (being remote and sheltered). We can stay Friday and Saturday and will head out at daylight on Sunday. Who would be the point of contact for this question??

AbelLMTV

Rusty is done?? Looks, well... Rusty. Nice work.
Thank you!!

Patina'ed on purpose. We used 16 gauge 304 mill finish stainless sheeting and contaminated the surface with a well used stainless wire cup. Nature does the rest and his "character" is truly coming to life. The clackity old 250k+ miles Isuzu NPR powerplant I tore down and put a bandaid on adds more character with older snow cat sounds. Started as a pile of rust and will have flash rust on the body panels. Makes him look like an old cat trying to blend in.... :D

The interior has all of the amenities you could imagine though...

Attachments

• 2020-11-18 11.36.21-1.jpg
    2020-11-18 11.36.21-1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 93

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Since we are self contained and do not require lodging does anyone know if it would be okay to stay in the parking area overnight?? Logistically it would be easiest for us since this is what we built our entire setup for (being remote and sheltered). We can stay Friday and Saturday and will head out at daylight on Sunday. Who would be the point of contact for this question??
The contact is Tucker. Last year one day was at the ski hill, parked outside their gates, I would think you could park there for the night. The second place was a huge parking area up in the forest, I would think one could stay there. Contact Tucker, might have to PM him, he will know.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Sent you a PM

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey everybody. We are getting closer to the event dates. I'm still trying to nail down a solid schedule but it is a little tricky right now due to covid and the restrictions that are currently in place when it comes to dining.

As of right now, the daily event locations look to be similar to last year.

For Day 1 I think this year we are going to do Salt Creek Summit again because it seemed a lot of people enjoyed that large loop of deep pow. Hopefully we have good snow again this year.

Day 2 we are going to all try to reach the summit of Mt. Howard overlooking Wallowa Lake. Last year we did not succeed because of deep, windblown drifts towards the summit.

These two days could be flipped depending on weather.

Day 3 our plan is to have a freestyle playground with some different terrain and hopefully a good area for something like a hill climb competition. We could call it our "Break Day". We have a couple of areas in mind but location isn't confirmed yet. Will update when information comes in. Our plan is to get in some early fun just in case people need to leave earlier Sunday due to travel etc.

We will be meeting for breakfast and dinner each day to visit and shoot the breeze.

Anybody that is planning to go, I would highly encourage you to post reply here or PM me your name, phone number, make and model of the cat you plan to bring because we will be putting your phone number into a group message that way everybody can be notified of any changes or updates to the schedule while we are at the event. We don't want anybody being left out.

By the way, current conditions at Salt Creek Summit is just over a foot and it looks like lots of fresh snow is on the horizon. Just in case anyone is wondering, Salt Creek is the lowest elevation event we will have this year.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be posting updates as I get them.

Looking forward to the event and seeing everyone and hopefully meeting some new people.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a good time, can hardly wait. But I do need the next month to continue getting everything ready to go.

Bringing 1953 Frandee Model D and one 1957 Tucker 222 "Kitten".

Anyone that wants to drive either one is more than welcome!

IMG_20201121_145635321.jpg

AbelLMTV

We plan on being there but we will be leaving before sunrise on Sunday due to traveling distance...

I still don't know my cat well enough to know his capabilities. Deepest snow we have been in is hard packed and about 2-3 feet deep. So far he seems to be doing much better than I ever thought.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
We plan on being there but we will be leaving before sunrise on Sunday due to traveling distance...

I still don't know my cat well enough to know his capabilities. Deepest snow we have been in is hard packed and about 2-3 feet deep. So far he seems to be doing much better than I ever thought.
The best place to put it to the test is when there are a bunch of other snowcats around to pull one out if necessary, or vice versa.

Hi All! I don't own a cat, but am a superfan. I'll be driving my campervan from Portland to the UP of Michigan for the annual Cat Clowder the first weekend in February. I've got some ex-rally friends who've turned Cat owners there (RedSquirrel aka Mike Merbach).
I've been to the Clowder twice before, but haven't even been to a PNW cat event! I just realized that this Alpine Cat Jamboree could fit my schedule on my way to Michigan! I saw someone ask the question above and it looks like I can park with no hassles at the start locations. I'm self-sufficient in my van with solar, water, heat, kitchen, etc. Would love to come out and meet some folks and check out some cats! Would anyone like to offer a spot in their rig for a ride-along? Would provide libations :) Also, if anyone needs to get anything to any Midwest cats, I can transport. (With a limitation of size of course!!)They always do a raffle there so maybe a prize exchange? HIt me up to discuss at 920dash277hyphen3329 or ericivy AT gmail daht cahm

AbelLMTV

Hi All! I don't own a cat, but am a superfan. I'll be driving my campervan from Portland to the UP of Michigan for the annual Cat Clowder the first weekend in February. I've got some ex-rally friends who've turned Cat owners there (RedSquirrel aka Mike Merbach).
I've been to the Clowder twice before, but haven't even been to a PNW cat event! I just realized that this Alpine Cat Jamboree could fit my schedule on my way to Michigan! I saw someone ask the question above and it looks like I can park with no hassles at the start locations. I'm self-sufficient in my van with solar, water, heat, kitchen, etc. Would love to come out and meet some folks and check out some cats! Would anyone like to offer a spot in their rig for a ride-along? Would provide libations :) Also, if anyone needs to get anything to any Midwest cats, I can transport. (With a limitation of size of course!!)They always do a raffle there so maybe a prize exchange? HIt me up to discuss at 920dash277hyphen3329 or ericivy AT gmail daht cahm
We may have a spot if you don't mind riding in the cargo area. I have 2 Ford ranger flip down seats back there or you can sit on the floor if you so desire.

We don't require any type of payment just agree to help us push when the motor blows up lol....

Attachments

• 20200730_165039.jpg
    20200730_165039.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
  • 20200826_130457.jpg
    20200826_130457.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90