• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Allison 1000 in a Tucker 2000

TalleyHo

GOLD Site Supporter
d0baf47d88ed2b51b45a0a27ad5003a0.jpg

The original AT 545 was starting to slip so I decided to upgrade to the Allison 1000 6 speed from CA Conversion.

It has been a direct bolt in replacement up to this point. The 1000 is 3/4” longer than the 545. Was able to adjust for this by changing one of the drive line/companion flanges. It happened to be 3/4” shorter. So no transfer case or engine repositioning was required. BUT the drum parking brake on the tail shaft was sacrificed. Either going to go with a mechanical caliper on the other side of the service brake or a mico lock.

We’ve got it bolted in and going back in with drivelines and steering links.

Hope to get the throttle position sensor setup installed tomorrow. (Computer on trans needs to know how much pedal you are giving it in order to function correctly.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snowy Rivers

Nice swap.

The 545 is a great gearbox, albeit a bit dated.

The 1000 should be a really sweet setup....they can handle a lot of power..

Trackrig

The original AT 545 was starting to slip so I decided to upgrade to the Allison 1000 6 speed from CA Conversion.

It has been a direct bolt in replacement up to this point. The 1000 is 3/4” longer than the 545. Was able to adjust for this by changing one of the drive line/companion flanges. It happened to be 3/4” shorter. So no transfer case or engine repositioning was required. BUT the drum parking brake on the tail shaft was sacrificed. Either going to go with a mechanical caliper on the other side of the service brake or a mico lock.

Hope to get the throttle position sensor setup installed tomorrow. (Computer on trans needs to know how much pedal you are giving it in order to function correctly.)

Considering that you've now had some time on your upgrade, how is it working for you? I have a 2000D model and the Allison is working fine, but if it goes bad, I may want to do the same thing.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I missed this post last year. Whatever you do, change that screw on filter religiously. Unlike the 545, the internal filter only needs changing if being overhauled or when making a change from regular fluid to TranSynd. But, not changing the external filter every 'X' hours or seasonally will create big problems with those. And at ~$9 a filter it's cheap insurance.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I would not rely on a micro lock for a parking brake. They will bleed down over time. More than one tow vehicle/ boat trailer has been launched on the ramp due to a micro lock.