• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Al-Quada wins in Afghanistan!!

daedong

and how is that ? Care to explain your open ended statements..or are you just insulting our military?

It was a no win situation from the start for many reasons which I don't have the time to elaborate just now. What makes you think I may try to insult your military, are you embarrassed or something about them?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No offense against the military personel fighting this war on terror, but I feel it's a war that can't be won. Terror has been going on in that neck of the woods for centuries and having our(American and Canadian) soldiers over there trying to push our ideals and beliefs upon people who have a complete set of ideals and beliefs from ours isn't going to solve anything.

You can take a lion out of the jungle and put it in a cage and maybe teach it a trick or two. But at the end of the day, it's still a lion that'll tear you to shreds the first chance it gets.

Those countries have been fighting religious wars for thousands of years. Us going over there for a couple of years isn't going to change a thing. Take out Bin Laden and his thugs and there'll be 100 more people standing in line to take his place.

I say again......it's a war that can't be won.

SShepherd

It was a no win situation from the start for many reasons which I don't have the time to elaborate just now. What makes you think I may try to insult your military, are you embarrassed or something about them?

thats what I thought, you were just trolling again...

as far as your final statement, your reasoning is like that of a drunk woman.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The only reason the war in Afghanistan is not going to win is because of the apathetic will of the west. Not from the ability of the military. Unfortunately, we are not giving them (and probably never will) the support they need to do the job properly. I think this latest "surge" is a waste of money and unfortunately lives.

Red said it right. Al Qaeda will most likely win because they will persevere.

RedRocker

No offense against the military personel fighting this war on terror, but I feel it's a war that can't be won. Terror has been going on in that neck of the woods for centuries and having our(American and Canadian) soldiers over there trying to push our ideals and beliefs upon people who have a complete set of ideals and beliefs from ours isn't going to solve anything.

You can take a lion out of the jungle and put it in a cage and maybe teach it a trick or two. But at the end of the day, it's still a lion that'll tear you to shreds the first chance it gets.

Those countries have been fighting religious wars for thousands of years. Us going over there for a couple of years isn't going to change a thing. Take out Bin Laden and his thugs and there'll be 100 more people standing in line to take his place.

I say again......it's a war that can't be won.

IMHO, we're not pushing our ideals and beliefs on other people. We're killing ass holes and trying to bring stability to the country. If the locals think we'll stay the course there's a chance that can happen. Proclaiming we're gonna split isn't a very wise move for building trust. We'll never kill all these
son's of bitches, but we can weaken them to the point of being insignificant.

ncroamer65

The Taliban are fighting for their religion, and their religion has no place
for democary. Only "gods law" is above any man made law, which has no
meaning to them.
The British tried, the Russians tried, and now the USA to bring change
to Afghanistan. Unless there is away to change the belife system there
won't be any change. :whistling: :whistling:
This is my overview of the situation. So bash me if you want but it
won't change anything. :whistling: :hammer:

daedong

When I left home this morning for work it was my intention that I would come home and express my beliefs on the issue of Al-quada and Afghanistan etc. I pondered this thread all day and decided that I would not give myself the head fuk of bothering as it will change nothing here.

Mr Shepherd, if you think that me having an opinion that differs from yours is trolling well so be it, I am a troll.

I will express my opinion when I want though, and not fear others for their ridicule, so I will say it again.

Al-Quada wins in Afghanistan!!
They won the day the west went to Afghanistan.

And reading the thread , I'm obviously not the only one here who thinks this is an unwinnable war.

RedRocker

The Taliban are fighting for their religion, and their religion has no place
for democary. Only "gods law" is above any man made law, which has no
meaning to them.
The British tried, the Russians tried, and now the USA to bring change
to Afghanistan. Unless there is away to change the belife system there
won't be any change. :whistling: :whistling:
This is my overview of the situation. So bash me if you want but it
won't change anything. :whistling: :hammer:

We're not trying to change the Taliban, we're trying to kill them.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're not trying to change the Taliban, we're trying to kill them.

And if we succeed in killling these guys, there'll be 100 more standing in line to take their place. This is a war that has been going on for thousands of years. There is no chance of ever.....I repeat....EVER winning over there.

Sure, we might make a little headway every now and then, but the problems over there will never go away.

And Vin....I thought you would have realized by now that any opinion that isn't right-wing american is not an acceptable post in the debate section......:hammer:

:whistling::whistling::whistling::biggrin:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And if we succeed in killling these guys, there'll be 100 more standing in line to take their place. This is a war that has been going on for thousands of years. There is no chance of ever.....I repeat....EVER winning over there.

Sure, we might make a little headway every now and then, but the problems over there will never go away.

And Vin....I thought you would have realized by now that any opinion that isn't right-wing american is not an acceptable post in the debate section......:hammer:

As much as I hate to I have to agree with you Brian. We actually could win this war, but we would have to fight it like a war, not like a peace keeping / training mission. The route we are taking is not a good one, nor is it likely to end in victory. If we leave in two years or 10 years, once we are gone the talaban or some facsimile will be back and start the cycle all over again.

As to posting anything that is not right wing American ...you just did, so why would you tell Vin that it is not acceptable? :confused: Vin likes to poke with his statements. He words them more for a reaction than actually making a point like you did.

RedRocker

The alternative is let them kill us. War is normal, never in the history of Mankind has there not been war. It's as natural as sex and eating, the only way to avoid it is to be so powerful that nobody will screw with you. Yes, we'll never kill all the bad guys, but kill enough of them and they'll quit screwing with you. That's why we lost three thousand Americans on 9-11, nobody made these guys pay for the decades of attacks on Americans
dating back several administrations. Bush made them pay, no more attacks, see the connection? If you think walking away from Afghanistan will solve anything then you're naive. We need overwhelming brute force
and a whole helluva lot less hand wringing in dealing with these pigs.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd like for everyone to just sit back and think what would happen if the world was to leave the Taliban and Al-quada alone.

Frankly, I'm not so sure it would end up a good thing in the long term. And if we did walk away, we better sure up our borders.

IMO, it would be inevitable that someone else would have to take them on.

SShepherd

When I left home this morning for work it was my intention that I would come home and express my beliefs on the issue of Al-quada and Afghanistan etc. I pondered this thread all day and decided that I would not give myself the head fuk of bothering as it will change nothing here.

Mr Shepherd, if you think that me having an opinion that differs from yours is trolling well so be it, I am a troll.

I will express my opinion when I want though, and not fear others for their ridicule, so I will say it again.

They won the day the west went to Afghanistan.

And reading the thread , I'm obviously not the only one here who thinks this is an unwinnable war.

I simply asked you to defend your statement, not to make one and run away.

ncroamer65

The alternative is let them kill us. War is normal, never in the history of Mankind has there not been war. It's as natural as sex and eating, the only way to avoid it is to be so powerful that nobody will screw with you. Yes, we'll never kill all the bad guys, but kill enough of them and they'll quit screwing with you. That's why we lost three thousand Americans on 9-11, nobody made these guys pay for the decades of attacks on Americans
dating back several administrations. Bush made them pay, no more attacks, see the connection? If you think walking away from Afghanistan will solve anything then you're naive. We need overwhelming brute force
and a whole helluva lot less hand wringing in dealing with these pigs.

The best qoute I've heard in war is "know your enemy" as to how they think, their strength, weakness, etc.. And it ain't the clothes they ware.

Having Al-Quada and the Talaban come into control again will only
have the war on terror drag for decades if not longer.

"Brute force" seems to be what we are doing now, and if the Talaban
belive that if they die they will go to heaven, then why would they
fear death. "Brute force" with the fear of death might make more headway.

daedong

:confused: Vin likes to poke with his statements. He words them more for a reaction than actually making a point like you did.

In conversation one makes a statement often then backs it up after questions are asked. That is exactly what I was going to do. I was then called a troll, I reflected on what I was going to say all day at work and decided it was not worth feeding Shepherd. Doc think what you like but you are talking out your arse. There was no poking here and I stay and defend my opinions more often than not

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Better to talk out the arse than spew s**t from the mouth...... :hide:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I finally agree with a leftist. They will never understand what a conservative says. As long as the radical muslims are tolerated and treated as humans we will never be safe. Heck those poor down trodden folks just want us and our families dead. I cant understand why, for instance, all the testing and trial for that Muslim pig that killed the soldiers at Fort Hood. Everyone knows that he did it with malice and would do it again, given the chance. Save the money and publicity for the killer and just shoot him. An eye for an 2 eyes is the mindset that made this nation what it was before the political correctness took over the white house. Have a goodun!!!!

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't think I said anything to contradict that statement.

Well, maybe ya did. "The West" are not the only ones in Afghanistan. Countries in the coalition include New Zealand, Georgia, The Ukraine, Turkey and others not considered part of "The West."

daedong

Well, maybe ya did. "The West" are not the only ones in Afghanistan. Countries in the coalition include New Zealand, Georgia, The Ukraine, Turkey and others not considered part of "The West."

My Kiwi mates would love to know you don't consider them part of the west. Anyway I think its all a bit pedantic, don't you?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would much prefer to fight these bastards over there in the mountains than here in our cities. They are somewhat contained if we maintain a resistance to them in their turf than if we drop and run. With the PC crowd letting everyone sneak in our borders we are screwed if we don't take the battle to them. I hope those who think it is wrong for us to be there are ready to see their loved ones as possible targets here in our country. This is the fate the Europeans will face shortly. Then what will these folks think?

Last edited:

BoneheadNW

Vin- I believe JP has just been trying to point out that it is not just the west, although eastern europe is considered west to those living east of it.

I finally agree with a leftist. They will never understand what a conservative says.
Can someone please translate? What does this mean?
Bonehead