• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A powerfulblow for Scottish independence?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have friends and family in England. My English friends say they would be happy if the Scots broke away. They tell me that the Scots get more aid than they pay in taxes, so basically if they leave they will see their own taxes go up. I don't know if that is true, but that is what they say.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have friends and family in England. My English friends say they would be happy if the Scots broke away. They tell me that the Scots get more aid than they pay in taxes, so basically if they leave they will see their own taxes go up. I don't know if that is true, but that is what they say.
Well,;

We left the comfort of Great Briton, ironically, over taxes of all things. And most certainly our taxes went up.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's one of those things, "We're going to keep on doing this until you stupid people get it right".

I've been gone from Scotland for too long to have any real feel for the situation but I remember the last referendum when the advocates for Scottish Independence got fairly well trounced. The same should still apply as nothing has changed as far as I can tell.

Both my sons still live in Scotland and I talked to them about it last time and strangely, I talked to one of them about it just a few weeks ago. Both of them consider themselves Scottish nationals/patriots and both said the same thing that it's a nice, intriguing idea that appeals to the heart but if you think about for more than a moment you realize that it is totally impractical and be absolutely no benefit the country of Scotland or to the vast majority of the people who live there.