• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

a plain good 4x scope

250corona

hi everyone. looking for some advice on making a purchase of a plain 4x scope.

The rifle is a Ruger 77 RSI in 250-3000 savage caliber. This is a little carbine and don't want a huge scope. Only for deer hunting.

Costs of the scope at this time and for the future are a concern. I've been using bargin basement scopes for a lot of years and they have been ok. i just want a bit nicer scope before i die for this carbine. I need some recomendation

under consideration at this time:
nikon pro-staff 4x. i understand it is marketed as a rimfire scope and centerfire scope. is it stout enough really for a centerfire?

weaver 4x (new foreign ones)

pentax game seeker 4x-----not much found about this one

i'm trying to keep this under $150 for my needs and have a decent scope on the gun for when the girl inherits the gun.

or should i just pass this year and save money and get a leupold 4X?

never have cared for variable scopes. just want a good solid 4x for a pickup gun.

Last edited: