• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A little tip if your out of T.P..

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Take sharp serrated knife to cut a roll of paper towels with, and divide it into 3 equal pieces by length and cut twice to form 3 rolls. Walla, your done! :thumbup:

Saw it on You Tube... must be true..

Other wise News print is preferred over slick glossy paper lol..

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Take sharp serrated knife to cut a roll of paper towels with, and divide it into 3 equal pieces by length and cut twice to form 3 rolls. Walla, your done! :thumbup:

Saw it on You Tube... must be true..

Other wise News print is preferred over slick glossy paper lol..

Regards, Kirk

One word,,,;DON"T

Your sanitary system will not be able to handle a paper that does not dissolve in water. You might as well throw tampons and maxi pads in the toilet.

A lot of people mistakenly thank John Crapper for inventing the toilet and allowing for indoor plumbing. Nope, it was the Scott bros who created a paper that dissolved immediately in the water that made the Crapper apparatus reliably function.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, that's one of the things that you better know if you're on a septic system or you're going to learn it pretty fast.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, that's one of the things that you better know if you're on a septic system or you're going to learn it pretty fast.

I am on a septic system and have municipal trash collection. You can guess where my used TP goes.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So throw it in a bag next to the crapper and carry it out the trash when done.

No worries here. We have to many women here, and they thought ahead lol. :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going all natural organic on TP.
Cabbage leaves.

That'll work.

Kirk, when I was a youngster and traveling all over Europe, down around the Mediterranean, it was normal to have a 5-gallon bucket in the crapper for used TP. The sewer systems were so old that they couldn't handle it.

Bannedjoe

If you've never been to Mexico, they don't flush anything down the toilet except human waste.
Septic pumping trucks are a rarity, if existent at all.

All TP and everything else goes in a trash can parked next to the toilet.

I'm not sure how many times a day the average person takes a dump.
I can easily coordinate my once a day morning activity with a shower quite easily if it become necessary.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh how sophisticated we have become. When I was a youngster trekking around the Scottish Highlands our toilet necessities were a trowel and the local newspaper. You couldn't use the local vegetation to wipe because it was so darned rough it was like using sandpaper. You could do it but you did it slowly and steadily or you could remove at least three layers of flesh from your butt. :moon:

JoePeterson

If it is there, that usually means they would like you to use it. If you plan to travel outside the tourist areas, a little tip – take some toilet paper with you. ... A small plastic jug standing beneath a tap is given for you to wash yourself with, in place of toilet paper.

Bakery Logo

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, and another thing. A friend who has been my plumber for 20 years once told me to never use antibacterial soap to wash your hands when you are on a septic system. Likewise, choose your toilet cleaning products very carefully. He said that people who don't do that are a valuable part of his business.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll just leave this valuable link here to help anyone running low on toilet paper. You're welcome. ☝