• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'83 BR-100 Differential- How loud is loud?

mhansen74

New to the snow cat world, and having fun so far... Took my 'new to me' BR-100 out for a few laps last weekend. I have drained the old fluid in the diff cleaned and inspected. Previous owner had filled (COMPLETLY) the diff with combination gear oil, ATF, and tractor hydraulic fluid, from what I could tell. Good thing it kept water out. but certainly wasn't expecting 7.5 gallons of fluid. Gears all look like new and the steering bands have plenty of meat on them. Searched the forums, when people complain about a loud differential, I have nothing to compare it to. I can hear it whine, a bit louder when going faster than slower. no grinding or clunking noises. Please advise

PJL

No experience with BR-100 but I would expect that some gear noise would be normal since the diff is in front right under your feet.