• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

76 B. Bombi "Gatito Malo"

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
But first this sweet pic of my girl when we were poppin some big dents in the roof. One off flame thrower I built a few years ago that runs on map gas bottles. Never thought it had any use other than lookin cool. I was wrong.
FD7B0CE9-085C-40E3-95D3-6BF687E85120.jpeg

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Man, painting..... I’m a painter by hobby and this was a lot of work. 73EB4D4B-B0B5-46D3-B084-D51545CF5746.jpeg
Had too!!! ?

7BAE7EA6-8CB2-45D4-9CD2-4B0EA7DFA10A.jpeg

por 15 base, primer and gloss black rusto. Would have looked a lot nicer had I sprayed the chassis but...... is what it is. It’s protected now and looks 10x better than it did

Attachments

• 6724E972-60D9-4D18-A592-57944643CB41.jpeg
    6724E972-60D9-4D18-A592-57944643CB41.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
  • 1A4A545D-8BE1-45E9-A89D-F43594913648.jpeg
    1A4A545D-8BE1-45E9-A89D-F43594913648.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115
  • B181A16A-3AB3-4CB8-A5EA-7EE5CE3B5C20.jpeg
    B181A16A-3AB3-4CB8-A5EA-7EE5CE3B5C20.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • 8430BFE3-6D43-4AFD-8D99-370D16F1168D.jpeg
    8430BFE3-6D43-4AFD-8D99-370D16F1168D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
  • 6C10D6DE-12B1-4C9F-80C4-349FC12FED36.jpeg
    6C10D6DE-12B1-4C9F-80C4-349FC12FED36.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Radiator and oil cooler are at the radiator shop getting cleaned, pressure tested and painted. Lots of shit in the passages. Woooooooohooooo!!! It’s times for reassembly ladies and gentlemen!!! Thanks to those that help along the way and continue to help!!! I appreciate you!

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey @Bobcatbob got part numbers for the radiator hoses or do you typical just use the flexible make your own shape hoses.... wait let me guess, you didn’t have to replace those? man.... I paid too much for this heap. Well like a bad stock purchase, ride it til the green!!!

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Elon Musk would be proud of that “Mapp Gun”. Project looks great! And you never pay to much for the journey a Snow cat rebuild offers....something you tell your grandchildren about.

I tried to find stock replacement hoses for the Bombi...both odd balls. I ended up using the old hoses (which were in pretty good shape, though when I refurbish, I try to replace all rubber and wearables). I have a bunch of gates hoses I bought....just couldn‘t make them fit (that top hose is a Chinese noddle).

Keep up the great work! Have you looked at the clutch? Compression tested the engine?

Bob

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Hahahah! I love fire. I beat Elon to the flame thrower Idea.:cool: I died laughing when I heard about the Boring Company and it's flame throwers.

For the radiator hose, I'm gonna cobble something together. Saw a good video from NAPA actually on restomodding coolant hoses. They had a novel plan. Get the bends you need in rubber (preferably gates and not silicone) and join them together using straight pipe and clamps. I'll go this route. And yes that top hose is the most oddly shaped radiator hose I have ever seen.:ROFLMAO:

Got a call from the radiator shop today......Bad news not only is my oil cooler cracked and damaged from what appears to be water in the hydraulic system that worked its way into the oil cooler then froze, (ballooned end on the cooler was the warning sign as well as the oil "wet spot" on the fins) my damn radiator has multiple leaking points. Gonna re-core the old radiator (275$) and buy a new oil cooler. They wanted 300 to repair the cooler. I'll just buy a new one.

Haven't done a compression test yet Bob :(....I should have already done that buuuuuuuut. And I haven't looked at the clutch yet either, however it grabbed really well when it was running. I do a compression test but the way things have been going, I'm not sure I want to know, yet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HillBilt

Sucks about your rad and cooler, but better to find out in the radiator shop. Nice job painting it, all the work will pay off when it comes together. ??

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Sucks about your rad and cooler, but better to find out in the radiator shop. Nice job painting it, all the work will pay off when it comes together. ??
Yeah I totally agree.... now Bobs got me spooked that more gremlins are lurking ??? but on the bright side, I’ve been doing a bit of research on our motors and these cross flow Kent motors are actually pretty bad ass and have a huge cult following. The ones we have are the updated 711m’s. Lots of mod parts. Found one pushing 300hp???

HillBilt

Yeah I totally agree.... now Bobs got me spooked that more gremlins are lurking ??? but on the bright side, I’ve been doing a bit of research on our motors and these cross flow Kent motors are actually pretty bad ass and have a huge cult following. The ones we have are the updated 711m’s. Lots of mod parts. Found one pushing 300hp???
Yeah, cool little engine for sure. Ive read alot of hate on the little 1.6 but not sure why. I was actually impressed, but my expectations were low to be honest. It hauled 6 of us up the mountain 2nd gear no problem, smaller grades 3rd sometimes 4th. I feel EFI and a small turbski would be tits and have more power than I would need for my use anyways.

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, cool little engine for sure. Ive read alot of hate on the little 1.6 but not sure why. I was actually impressed, but my expectations were low to be honest. It hauled 6 of us up the mountain 2nd gear no problem, smaller grades 3rd sometimes 4th. I feel EFI and a small turbski would be tits and have more power than I would need for my use anyways.
Lead the way! I'm definitely no motorhead, but I'm a quick study. It'd really help out with the power loss at elevation. Maybe one day your EFI kit will show.:w00t2:

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Pic Time = ) I'm all visual:ROFLMAO:

Chassis Paint inside done- Lesson learned.....Don't spend the time I did to only paint half

IMG_4758.jpg

Gatito get fresh air for the first time in months.

New Battery tray- I couldn't paint, sand , clean or do anything under the old one and figured the next person that tore this thing apart would appreciate that I solved that problem. Bolt up! Too many things on this bombi that should have been bolt on. Like the foot rests...

IMG_4819.jpg

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Made some brackets today. The old ones were toast. Bent & mismatched. Think I'm gonna run with out the heat shield...Personel accountability applies here:w00t2:IMG_4841.jpgIMG_4843.jpg
IMG_4844.jpg

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
And then...... Another bummer

Cracked exhaust header Gonna try and braze it. Not a big deal

Attachments

• IMG_4845.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4846.jpg
    IMG_4846.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 108

PJL

"Think I'm gonna run with out the heat shield...Personel accountability applies here."

The first time someone uses that as a grab handle will be the last time. Self correcting problem.

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
"Think I'm gonna run with out the heat shield...Personel accountability applies here."

The first time someone uses that as a grab handle will be the last time. Self correcting problem.
Darwinism wins!!!! How are ya PJL? I'm almost there and so excited! We're getting pounded with snow!!! 375" this year off I-90

PJL

We are getting clobbered. But the avalanche danger is extreme now. Snoqualmie Pass had like 122 inches in 10 days. Then it rained.

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, It's definitely sketchy out there but I'm so excited. I've been a snowboarder for 27 years and ride weekly.

HillBilt

Made some brackets today. The old ones were toast. Bent & mismatched. Think I'm gonna run with out the heat shield...Personel accountability applies here:w00t2:

Just keep in mind that it does get pretty hot, I'm going to be adding a small section of heat shield from where the exhaust leaves the engine cover to the 90* bend up. I had 2, 1 liter oil jugs back there and within the first 10mins of me running the cat they slid forward and melted through and dumped out all over what I had just cleaned and painted:furious::yum:

Everything looks awesome and appreciate you posting part #s:applause::applause:

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
BOB!!!!! I think I found the radiator hoses

I'm pulling the trigger 1973 pinto Gates PN 20700, 20701 WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO:coolshade
You’re the man! Let me know how they line up. Really like the mufflers you and Hillbilt went with! (Is that a cherry bomb muffler? If so, that’s going to sound awesome!). That exhaust manifold should be a cinch to braze over (grind a flat/grove....good to go).

Almost time to let that beauty out of the barn!

Bob

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
You’re the man! Let me know how they line up. Really like the mufflers you and Hillbilt went with! (Is that a cherry bomb muffler? If so, that’s going to sound awesome!). That exhaust manifold should be a cinch to braze over (grind a flat/grove....good to go).

Almost time to let that beauty out of the barn!

Bob
The hoses look identical including the flare on the top hose. Only difference is the bottom hose has some extra hose on it that needs to be trimmed otherwise it’s a perfect match.

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Part numbers for the exhaust.... don’t know if you guys order from rock auto but they are diiiiiiry cheap comparatively.
E77A13DC-ABC8-4BC8-9E6B-8D909B58455C.png

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Rock auto is fantastic. If I need a dealer part, I cross it with Rock auto, then verify where it’s made (Got tired of going to O’reilly for parts, most made in China, junk). Napa still uses a lot of US made or Mexico made parts.

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Just keep in mind that it does get pretty hot, I'm going to be adding a small section of heat shield from where the exhaust leaves the engine cover to the 90* bend up. I had 2, 1 liter oil jugs back there and within the first 10mins of me running the cat they slid forward and melted through and dumped out all over what I had just cleaned and painted:furious::yum:

Everything looks awesome and appreciate you posting part #s:applause::applause:
Damn! :yum: what a mess! oh, alright looks like I'll have to fab up something for protection.