• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

76 B. Bombi "Gatito Malo"

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
And what is the deal with these funky sized headlights? OH MY GOD. Nothing standard. Bought some new 4 x 6 headlights.. What do ya know? No fit. More customization. WOOOOOOO!

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
What is the name of the sealant that glues these glass lens to the proprietary housings? I wanna hack em. I baked these babies in the oven for 45 minutes on 350F and nothing. Glue was still hard and wouldn't release. I'm gonna have to make a 3d printed bezel and a back plate to mount to the ski-doo bolt pattern.

Attachments

• IMG_4212.JPG
    IMG_4212.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 94

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Steering Bands out. :giggle:Did those of you that got them relined waste the effort on repainting them?

Snowy Rivers

The oil looks like it may have some water in it judging by the color.
Is there an easy way to get all of the old stuff out (Bottom drain ???)

I had the bands in my OC12 relined back in August....The shop bead blasted the steel bands and then riveted the lining on...
No paint was done.
Glyptal brush on enamel works well in hydraulic tanks....should be fine for the bands....

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
What is the name of the sealant that glues these glass lens to the proprietary housings? I wanna hack em. I baked these babies in the oven for 45 minutes on 350F and nothing. Glue was still hard and wouldn't release. I'm gonna have to make a 3d printed bezel and a back plate to mount to the ski-doo bolt pattern.
I ended up replacing the bulbs and pigtails on the lights. I couldn’t find a way to separate the glass from the housing.

Bob

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
The oil looks like it may have some water in it judging by the color.
Is there an easy way to get all of the old stuff out (Bottom drain ???)

I had the bands in my OC12 relined back in August....The shop bead blasted the steel bands and then riveted the lining on...
No paint was done.
Glyptal brush on enamel works well in hydraulic tanks....should be fine for the bands....
Yeah, it drains most of it. I’ll clean the rest of it out real good with some degreaser before I put the new bands in. Amsoil power shift sae 30 on its way. = )

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
C
I ended up replacing the bulbs and pigtails on the lights. I couldn’t find a way to separate the glass from the housing.

Bob

copy that. That’s what was the PO did as well but the wire brackets holding the bulb in looked sketchy so.... out with the old an in with the custom. = ) if I end up waterjetting the mounting plates, I’ll get a few extra made for the bombi folks. Planning on 3D printing the bezel rings.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Did you break em down for him? I.E. take out pins?
I pulled the brake bands and sent without the pins (even bent one pulling it out).....came back like brand new (if not better).

Attachments

• DE3700A0-71E1-426C-9BAF-9F526A29233E.jpeg
    DE3700A0-71E1-426C-9BAF-9F526A29233E.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 105

Snowy Rivers

In the one piccy there is what looks like a heater/cooler hose by the diffy
Does the diffy have a cooler system ????

The color of the oil makes me curios ....any possibility of coolant oil cross contamination ???

Just my old curiosity kicking in.

HillBilt

In the one piccy there is what looks like a heater/cooler hose by the diffy
Does the diffy have a cooler system ????

The color of the oil makes me curios ....any possibility of coolant oil cross contamination ???

Just my old curiosity kicking in.
Yes, The diffs have a cooler system that runs off a pump driven by the output shaft on the trans. Its a stand alone system that runs lines back to a cooler mounted by the rad and pumps back into the diff above the pinion bearings. No possibility for coolant to enter the system. Only way moisture could get into it is a bad seal on the diff cover or bad seals around the steering band shafts from what i can see.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
There is a breather tube on the differential cover (has a small protective cap on it)......using a can of desiccant attached to a hose will help with any moisture.

Attachments

• F766106A-BAA9-45CD-95BB-46E0DBB7355D.jpeg
    F766106A-BAA9-45CD-95BB-46E0DBB7355D.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 110

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, The diffs have a cooler system that runs off a pump driven by the output shaft on the trans. Its a stand alone system that runs lines back to a cooler mounted by the rad and pumps back into the diff above the pinion bearings. No possibility for coolant to enter the system. Only way moisture could get into it is a bad seal on the diff cover or bad seals around the steering band shafts from what i can see.
Judging from the lack of tightness on the bolts holding down the diff plate, the age of the rubber seal, and the lack of sealant used on either side of the EPDM, and that there is a desiccant dryer on the breather tube, leads me to think seal under the diff plate. If I remember correctly, there is another diff tank cover in the footwell. I better check that for leaks. = ) Might as well swap that gasket out while I'm cleaning the tank. :pat:Thanks Hillbilt:ROFLMAO:(y)

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Got the steering bands sent off to @MNoutdoors. Sorry Brad, I didn't remove the hardware. If you gotta charge me extra for that, I understand. Time is money brother.

Snowy Rivers

Copy that.

Good deal.....I have seen gear boxes with cast in water jacket type heat exchanger's.....Bad Idea.
My OC12 had a hydraulic driven pump that pumped the diffy oil through a remote oil/air cooler.

The stuff was all junk....For now I just plugged the ports in the Diffy and will run the machine less a cooler.
If need be I can add one later on with a pump to run it...

The 2100 cat was offered with and without coolers depending on the usage.

That nipple up top where the vent is .....mine had been left open to the weather.....yeah...lotssa water got in....

Looks like you are pretty well good to go.....

HillBilt

There is a breather tube on the differential cover (has a small protective cap on it)......using a can of desiccant attached to a hose will help with any moisture.

That desiccant is a good idea. This is what we use on our rigs and what I was going to use on the Bombi, just a bellows kit. Totally sealed, simple and works well.
IMG_E5628[1].JPG

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
The plates will bolt up to the existing headlight mount and will still be adjustable. Still working out whether to make custom retaining rings or just slap some peterbilt rings on them. Problem is there is a nation wide drought on 4” x 6” retaining rings. I ordered some last night and they won’t be here till December 20th.?

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally got around to filling holes and slowly packing my art studio to be paint booth. ??? Not sure exactly what I was thinking taking on this project in the winter. Haha!! Here comes the paint!!!!
AD9F6501-9CB0-48BB-B7DC-57EE3A1B2019.jpeg

Attachments

• 45F5D443-1E99-4987-8FEF-C64AC72ECE4D.jpeg
    45F5D443-1E99-4987-8FEF-C64AC72ECE4D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87