• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

5 Midwest states form group to build EV charging infrastructure

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting that these states will collaborate to build a network of recharging stations, or perhaps work with private corporations by giving tax incentives? Details are slim, but they want to make EV charging more convenient.

Full story at the link above.

Five Midwest states to collaborate on electric vehicle charging network

Rachel Frazin10/01/21 01:03 PM EDT
Five Midwest states announced Thursday that they will work together to increase the deployment of electric vehicle charging stations.
A memorandum of understanding signed by the governors of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin says the states will form the Regional Electric Vehicle Midwest Coalition, or “REV Midwest.”
The state leaders said in a statement that the agreement is aimed at “competitively” positioning the region for federal funding opportunities and that the ultimate goal is to add jobs, lower emissions and improve public health.
"Today's REV Midwest partnership is a bipartisan effort to build the future of mobility and electrification and connect our communities," said Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D), in a statement.
"Our partnership will enable the Midwest to lead on electric vehicle adoption, reduce carbon emissions, spur innovation, and create good-paying jobs," she added.
The governors their first goal is to focus on “interstate and regionally significant commercial corridors.”

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As they shutdown generation facilities.
Palisades just north of me is shutting down. I see no replacement going up anywhere
YUP, they are closing down generators but working to increase demand on the grid. Somehow I think that spells trouble for all of us.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting that these states will collaborate to build a network of recharging stations, or perhaps work with private corporations by giving tax incentives? Details are slim, but they want to make EV charging more convenient.

Full story at the link above.

Rachel Frazin10/01/21 01:03 PM EDT
The state leaders said in a statement that the agreement is aimed at “competitively” positioning the region for federal funding opportunities
This is the reason for it!! Just another way to get on the federal tit.

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As they shutdown generation facilities.
Palisades just north of me is shutting down. I see no replacement going up anywhere
What about those acres and acres of solar farms and windmills??? (sarcasm)

Surely you want a pristine earth where the deer and turtles can roam free and eagles can fly!

Oh wait.......