• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3700 GROUSERS

Snowy Rivers

Can the 3700 tire guides be used on a 2100 ???

The bolt pattern and the width inside is the same
What say ye ????

Snowy Rivers

Yes they are....my 2100 guides also will accept 1/2" bolts....

I will pass judgement on which bolts to use when we get there.

Since my 2100 guides had the 7/16" bolts in the 1/2" holes I really don't think the difference is going to be a worry.

What I found puzzling is the the distance between the uprights is about an inch wider on the 3700 guide....as compared to the 2100 guide.

The shape is different too....

I suspect the 3700 guide design was a step in the right direction to help eliminate breakage and possibly help stop tire sidewall damage.....

I can't be sure about the tire damage, but the weld area on the 3700 guide is a far better design....horizontal with the length of the guide as compared to the older 2100 guide.

Deeper skirt too will help keep the guides from wobbling on the grouser..

So far nobody seems to know the WHY DID LMC change the guides.

I have heard that the earlier guides were harder to make.....The forming die had a short lifespan ???????

I can't find anyone who can do much more than I have as far as speculating the WHY THE CHANGE.

The 2100 guide was not a stellar design from an engineering standpoint anyway.

The uprights were welded across the guide channel.....this can promote breakage.....and they did....

I will guess with you.......

I would love to have two full sets of 3700 guides.....but with one set of 2100 guides plus 57 guides we are going to roll with what we have....

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my experience is over time the heads of those 7/16 bolt heads will pull through the 1/2 inch hole. I will send you a pic if the sun is still up when I get home tonight. I was cutting up fire wood by headlight last night.

Snowy Rivers

The plan is to use the washer headed bolts

I am building fairly light tracks so 5 bolts per grouser per belt (10) 3/8" bolts with swage nuts and (2) 7/16" for the guides

The 8" belts have 3 bolts and so I decided to add 2 more on an even spacing on the 12" belts for 5 total per belt

The washer headed bolts on the grouser as well as the tire guides

My guides will accept 1/2" bolts...some were loose, but bone were missing or pulled through

Attachments

• 438bolts.jpg
    438bolts.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 150