• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

* 2022 Snow Cat Clowder * February 3-6, Bessemer Michigan.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is that time of the year again to put out the message and open invite.

*Clowder in the powder, 2022*

Event is a centrally located snow cat outing or Get Together in Bessemer MI. This Region of the USA gets a significant amount of lake effect snow off of lake superior.
4-5 hours north of
Chicago.
4 hours north and east of Minneapolis

Lodging details to follow.

Black river lodge is becoming a sort of Hub.
Many families prefer the chalet experience. Powder horn is running a 15% booking event and if you have been to the event in the past please chime in on your experience.

The Event happens in the upper peninsula of Michigan with snow catting day trips up the Bayfield peninsula of Wisconsin. Group outing range from mild to wild. ( towing is minimal )

Attachments

• 50shades of orange.jpg
    50shades of orange.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 194

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I made up a banner for yous guys using pics from last years event.
If anyone prefers their pic NOT be used in the banner display please let me know
and I will remove it.
If you'd like more info of any type in the banner just say the word.
I'll do what I can to fix you up.
Best wishes for an amazing Clowder. :D :beer:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome Doc.

The clowder is a laid back group and laid back event, I would believe there will be no problem on likeness usage I will run the traps and get back to you.

Thank you and make sure the FF is represented on it! after all this forum is the reason for the season.

Hi Clowder group! My husband and I own the Black River Lodge. I'm Brittany, he's Justin :) First, just want to say thank you for spreading the word about our place (and, special thanks to @NDPilot for his help!) We appreciate all the support. We enjoyed having a portion of you last year, and hope to see a few more this year. Though, let's hope mother nature keeps that bitter cold a little further north for the next event!

If anyone has questions about our place - please reach out. In total, we have 10 private guestrooms (various size), 3 private Townhouses (sleeps up to 10 people each), and 8 single hostel beds...sleeping around 75 total. Keep in mind, many of our rooms, and especially Townhouses, can comfortably be split between singles or couples...and our single hostel-style bunk beds are great for singles on a budget. We offer a multi-night loyalty discount for private rooms - 5% off per night for 2 nights, 7% off 3 nights, and 10% off 4+ nights.

Happy to help and hope Clowder in the Powder 2022 turns out great!

Booking engine: https://bit.ly/reservebrl
Phone (or text!): 906-932-3857

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Wish I was closer.
fritz, from my personal experience of making the trip 3 times to the clowder, overall for me, it was about 2250 miles each way, IMHO, it is very much worth going and if you can, bring your own machine, being able to drive in your snow cat to Lake Superior in winter is priceless, just do it...fritz !

fritz

Unfortunately, I can't get away from work in the winter months. On call all winter long. I can't make any plans for anything until after 7 a.m. the day of. Work sucks

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the weekend in the Bessemer area this weekend.
Snow is near perfect
Kooty/Crud concerns are well known and personal responsibility and respect will be appreciated.

We are back to our standard format.
Shirts ( reveal at the event )
Tucker and Prinoth sponsorship this year.
Black Angus sponsor is back.
Swag for all.
Final details are locked in and its all systems are Go.
There will be a new Opportunities, outings to explore and will be addressed Via emails and direct communications.

Any airport pickups, Arrive and drive cats, or lodging needs, feel free to reach out and We will make every attempt to accommodate.

We have a great support in the community and 2022 is looking to be a great outing.

Attachments

• imping.jpg
    imping.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
Hello All,
Newbie here trying to make arrangements to be there to enjoy the fun and hopefully meet some of you fine people as well! I just purchased my first Sno cat and am wondering if there are any attendees that maybe coming from the N.W. Utah, Oregon etc.? I have a sv200 in southern Montana that need to come to its new home in N.W. WI.
If anyone is coming this way for the event or otherwise and you have room for a machine please contact me.
I appreciate your consideration!
Thank you!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello All,
Newbie here trying to make arrangements to be there to enjoy the fun and hopefully meet some of you fine people as well! I just purchased my first Sno cat and am wondering if there are any attendees that maybe coming from the N.W. Utah, Oregon etc.? I have a sv200 in southern Montana that need to come to its new home in N.W. WI.
If anyone is coming this way for the event or otherwise and you have room for a machine please contact me.
I appreciate your consideration!
Thank you!
good luck NORT, I hope to see you and your cat in February

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
good luck NORT, I hope to see you and your cat in February
Thank you. Even if I have the cat home, I doubt that I would bring it. I’m certain I will be there though. What goes on during the day? Is it somewhat like a car show where people are walking around checking out all the machines and talking with the owners?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you are getting in early or looking for a reason too. Checking out the new stuff is a good excuse.!

Dave does an excellent job providing a vendor neutral experience. the pulling units, sales reps and groomer drags are all there for a head to head comparison. run one or run them all. manufactures reps, are on hand, food available and always a great time.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you. Even if I have the cat home, I doubt that I would bring it. I’m certain I will be there though. What goes on during the day? Is it somewhat like a car show where people are walking around checking out all the machines and talking with the owners?
in addition to the event above which kicks off the weekend......

Thursday Over the snow Trail ride in the Bayfield Peninsula.
Friday, Overland snow catting in a Private Multi 1000's of acres parcel of pristine hard wood forest to a picturesque lunch spot on Lake Superior.
Saturday is the Clowder proper, Yes the clowder is a proper car show with the usual milling around, mid day the boredom breaks and snow cat games ensue on the grounds of Big Powder horn. When the day skiing ends the snow cats Gather for a parade of the facility for a sunset cruise. there are a couple surprises this year with a dinner program to wrap up the weekend.
https://fb.me/e/1p6ahsbnj this should be a face book link to the ski area's post.
Sunday is generally a travel day, but it is not uncommon to find a handful of cats that just need a little more operating.
With 900,000 acres of accessible snow to play in the opportunity is endless and is a travel at your own risk outing

If you are on the fence inquire here. http://www.midwestcatclowder.com/

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
in addition to the event above which kicks off the weekend......

Thursday Over the snow Trail ride in the Bayfield Peninsula.
Friday, Overland snow catting in a Private Multi 1000's of acres parcel of pristine hard wood forest to a picturesque lunch spot on Lake Superior.
Saturday is the Clowder proper, Yes the clowder is a proper car show with the usual milling around, mid day the boredom breaks and snow cat games ensue on the grounds of Big Powder horn. When the day skiing ends the snow cats Gather for a parade of the facility for a sunset cruise. there are a couple surprises this year with a dinner program to wrap up the weekend.
https://fb.me/e/1p6ahsbnj this should be a face book link to the ski area's post.
Sunday is generally a travel day, but it is not uncommon to find a handful of cats that just need a little more operating.
With 900,000 acres of accessible snow to play in the opportunity is endless and is a travel at your own risk outing

If you are on the fence inquire here. http://www.midwestcatclowder.com/
All days sound like fun. i have a buddy coming up from Milwaukee and we will drive over. For the trail ride to Bayfield, are there seats available that we could pay for, to ride along? Or is that frowned upon? Sounds like a pretty close group.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snow-caters are a pretty finnicky group and hate offering up rides. Or beer. Or outrageous stories. Or stories with a beer for that matter. ;)

I imagine 'paying' for a ride-along will be sternly frowned upon, but a 'beer barter' would always be welcomed! :)

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
Snow-caters are a pretty finnicky group and hate offering up rides. Or beer. Or outrageous stories. Or stories with a beer for that matter. ;)

I imagine 'paying' for a ride-along will be sternly frowned upon, but a 'beer barter' would always be welcomed! :)
DAVENET
You had me worried when I first started reading your post, that I may have overstepped my bounds! Thank you for the kind response. I think I may fit in with this group.😊

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
I actually reside about 40 minutes from Bayfield. My wife and I love it up here. Many fire roads that don’t get plowed which will make good running for my cat (next winter).

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
if you are not a local, be sure to get the code to the secret handshake, and brush up on your yooper,

things can get very confusing very quickly, and before you know it, you are standing in the parking lot, talking to yourself, "where did they all go?"

fyi, there is almost to NO cell phone service

smoke signals work great, till management tells you not to burn the furniture...

eh

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most anywhere you don’t get shot at….but to be Legal on a snowmobile trail your rig must be “Steered by a Ski” and you can ask @redsqwrl how to circumvent that law also….
It is their RULE, I just followed their rule! ( i do need to find a photo of that rig)