• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2022 Colorado Snowcat Jamboree

Aaron Tucker

The 2022 Colorado Snowcat Jamboree is being held March 4th,5th and 6th in Vail Colorado
We would like to thank the national forest service rangers for all their support and allowing us to use our public lands to host this epic Snowcat Jamboree.
ATTENDANTS will be REQUIRED to follow all recommended state and country COVID-19 guidelines.
ATTENDANTS are asked to use the camp hale side of vail pass for parking this year. The Vail Pass highway exit on I-70 has become too congested and busy for us snowcaters to use for the Jamboree.
We will have plenty of adequate parking on the camp hale side. More details to follow on parking.......
Lastly this is a free event to attend. Just make sure to have your snowcat registered with the Colorado forest service $36 and have attest a day ticket/ pass for the vail pass area that I believe is $10 now . I could be mistaken on that tho.
We can't wait to see everyone out there and have an awesome Jamboree.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Where do we get the day pass? Where is every one bedding down..Leadville Minturn?

Wyfler

I wanted to attend last year but could never figure out this permitting stuff. What they are, where to get them, etc... I'm only aware of the ORV permit sold by Colorado game and fish. Can't find anything on forest service permit. And where is the 10 dollar day pass purchased? I'm from Brighton, is there lodging in the area? Or is that already sold out to out of state skiers?

luvthemvws

If you enter the the Jamboree at Vail Pass (off I-70) you can get the Day Pass at the Ranger station there. You can pay cash, or they have a kiosk that processes debit/credit cards. The Rangers are very helpful there. But get there early. The parking area is not big enough for all the people that "sleep in".

luvthemvws

There is not a host hotel.
Finding a budget accommodation, at this late date, will be a challenge.
I found a place in Fairplay just last night.
Expedia had a couple rooms in Edwards that were "reasonable for the times".
Delay at your own risk...

KT3survivor

doing my usual last minute thrash to get the cat ready-ish. one day i'll pull this thing off the back burner and make it a priority. looking forward to seeing everyone. dont let the lack of posts fool you. this event is big. get there early. parking lot can be a chore on either side saturday/sunday depending on skiing conditions. OHV registration and a national forest day use park pass (purchased at the trailhead) are the only paperwork the rangers will ask you for.

KT3survivor

:w00t2:
SAM_2239.JPG

tenmile

So freaking bummed we didn't stick it out up there until the snow stopped :( Should have, but had a sick little one as well and it just felt easier/less risky to make for home.

tenmile

Anyone know what was going on today? Passed two Tucker Terra’s and the Gilpin County Sheriff truck hauling another Tucker, headed eastbound on I-70 over Eisenhower pass.