• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2020 Swamp-Cat for sale $18,500

ravcosales

brand new 2020 Swamp-Cat manufactured by RAVCO. dual track skid steer type vehicle. 20hp Kohler command Industrial 4 stroke engine. comet primary torque converter drive. mechanical type skid steer transmission with internal wet brakes for long life. Forward and Reverse, 15-18mph machine with high torque for lugging or pulling. seats 3 people. brush guard with windshield, 3500lb winch, h.i.d. lighting on push bar and brush guard, incandescent lighting on vehicle body, twin tail lights, over 22 inches of ground clearance! built for swamps, deep snow, mud, muck, sand, and is amphibious. specs: 108" length 64" width 92" height at 1240 lbs. with .67psi track pressure on ground. call Tony for more info: 715-561-2668

rdynes01

brand new 2020 Swamp-Cat manufactured by RAVCO. dual track skid steer type vehicle. 20hp Kohler command Industrial 4 stroke engine. comet primary torque converter drive. mechanical type skid steer transmission with internal wet brakes for long life. Forward and Reverse, 15-18mph machine with high torque for lugging or pulling. seats 3 people. brush guard with windshield, 3500lb winch, h.i.d. lighting on push bar and brush guard, incandescent lighting on vehicle body, twin tail lights, over 22 inches of ground clearance! built for swamps, deep snow, mud, muck, sand, and is amphibious. specs: 108" length 64" width 92" height at 1240 lbs. with .67psi track pressure on ground. call Tony for more info: 715-561-2668
That unit looks quite top heavy and possibly prone to the same front roll over going downhill issues that plagued Cushman Tracksters....Bob

ravcosales

That unit looks quite top heavy and possibly prone to the same front roll over going downhill issues that plagued Cushman Tracksters....Bob
actually unlike the trackster having the engine in the front the swamp-cat engine and transaxle is located in the back. no roll over downhill !

rdynes01

actually unlike the trackster having the engine in the front the swamp-cat engine and transaxle is located in the back. no roll over downhill !
OK, what about going uphill? Also it looks to have a fairly high center of gravity so what about sidehilling? I'm not knocking the machine, it looks well made and may work well on flat terrain but as we know much of snowcatting is done on sometimes steep or hilly terrain....Bob

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, what about going uphill? Also it looks to have a fairly high center of gravity so what about sidehilling? I'm not knocking the machine, it looks well made and may work well on flat terrain but as we know much of snowcatting is done on sometimes steep or hilly terrain....Bob
It's listed as a swamp cat. Not a lot of snowcatting or steep terrain in a swamp.

rdynes01

It's listed as a swamp cat. Not a lot of snowcatting or steep terrain in a swamp.
If you read the complete listing it lists deep snow and claims a very light track pressure which are both features of a good snowcat. If it's not intended for snow as the ad claims then why list it in a snowcat forum?

ravcosales

this machine does great in deep snow conditions with its ground clearance. we are located in the lake superior snow belt region, where we can get 50 inches of powder in one storm. however it has not been tested in large mountains. we have the penokee mountain range here along the lake but these are just a couple of hundred feet in elevation so rather small compared to some. with that said, this machine can be tipped over just like any tracked unit. common sense goes along way in these tracked vehicles. this is a new model and we only have a handful of these out there. it was however tested for over 2 years. when you are the driver, it has a much different feel than any wheeled vehicle with tracks. we have not found it to be unstable.

rdynes01

Again it is not my intention to slam this machine. It looks well made but rather to point out some limitations it may have in certain conditions. I've been operating snowcats since the 70's so when you say it feels different than any wheeled vehicle with tracks what exactly does that mean?.... Bob

alryA

Tony, Are you among the buildings at the Cary mine site?? If so, we should stop by and visit you sometime. What about demoing one of your machines at the cat clowder? Might be good marketing.

ravcosales

well if you have operated snow cats then you clearly know what i'm talking about. for example if you take a wheeled vehicle over a ravine the front tires go over the edge first and it is basically a smooth transition. with a tracked vehicle it has a pivot point and will create a tipping over sensation to newbies. this vehicle has a little more of that sensation because of its height. my wide angle camera has made it look like it narrower than what it really is. the vehicle is as wide as it is in height to the top of the body excluding the brush guard. like a box!

ravcosales

Bruce Noren and I are good friends. we did display 2 models 2 years ago. but winter is my busy season... and we mean busy. my vehicles are all hand built and we only produce about 25 a year. Usually presold all before the season starts. maybe we can make it there for the trail ride? or at least the ride to the top of the hill? we are located in downtown PENCE,WI just 3 miles west of Hurley! your welcome to stop and see us!

rdynes01

well if you have operated snow cats then you clearly know what i'm talking about. for example if you take a wheeled vehicle over a ravine the front tires go over the edge first and it is basically a smooth transition. with a tracked vehicle it has a pivot point and will create a tipping over sensation to newbies. this vehicle has a little more of that sensation because of its height. my wide angle camera has made it look like it narrower than what it really is. the vehicle is as wide as it is in height to the top of the body excluding the brush guard. like a box!
Thanks for the info.It does have impressive ground clearance but unfortunately that comes with a higher center of gravity. Many snowcat manufacturers provide maximum sidehill angle data; have you guys put together any of those specs for your machine and are there any videos of the machine operating available to watch? Thanks...bob

Last edited:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you read the complete listing it lists deep snow and claims a very light track pressure which are both features of a good snowcat. If it's not intended for snow as the ad claims then why list it in a snowcat forum?
The ad:

brand new 2020 Swamp-Cat manufactured by RAVCO.

And:

built for swamps, deep snow, mud, muck, sand, and is amphibious. +

Post 7 is further explanation.

That's what I know.