• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2 second project gone very wrong

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
short version, never try to stretch a sharp metal ductwork band down with both hands while standing on a unstable stack of 2 by 4 s when you are home by yourself. :hammer:

i did over the weekend and just now able to type using one finger on my left hand . talk about a stupid sumbitch, that would be me . :censored::mad:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no room to criticize your stupidity. I learned my lessons the hard way with sheet metal and climbing on shit that was not meant to climb on. How old did you say you are???? And you ain't learned YET?:whistling: Hope you heal quickly and completely.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks guys , im really pissed at myself cuz i never ever take chances like this at least when i,m alone . jurys still out on how bad they are its perty hard to docter yourself up when you screwed up both at the same time .:hammer:

on the good side i managed to break the strap so at least i wasn,t still hanging there when my wife got home and tied off both arms . scairt the hell out of both of us but not much else to do but laugh about it now . :doh:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good to see you back. I missed your avatar. :D :hide:
Get better soon.

snow dog

Cowboy , glad to hear your healing. I've done my share of those things, but lately i have started thinking- if something goes wrong before i do this what am I going to do. Sometimes I cause myself alot more work, but working safer has it's benefits

:biggrin:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not going to make you feel any better, or help your hands heal any faster, but don't feel like the Lone Ranger. There must be a least a couple of folks out there who have never had any problems like this, because over the years I've done enough dumbshit things for at least two people! :w00t2::bonk::w00t2: :bonk:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
cow boy hope ya heal fast....any more I try to remind my self each morning that it is one hour to the hospital........before I start anything.....the other morning a grandson ask me what I was talking about.....I just said....it takes at least one hour to get to a hosrital fron here........how long can you bleed?? Think maby from the look on his face he got the point....noticed him being real careful with the lathe that morning!!!!:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's not going to make you feel any better, or help your hands heal any faster, but don't feel like the Lone Ranger. There must be a least a couple of folks out there who have never had any problems like this, because over the years I've done enough dumbshit things for at least two people! :w00t2::bonk::w00t2::bonk:

Amen to that brother. Cowboy, you're not alone and I've got the scars to prove it. Hope you heal fast.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks again fellers :smile: ever since my dad passed away i,ve allways heard this lil voice in my head before i do anything that might get me in trouble with his famous words of wisdom . be carefull dumbass .

he musta been on break when i did this . :yum:

worst thing is i need to pull the pump out of my plugged cased well and put down a new casing for our new garden, as most of ya know that aint no easy task with 2 good hands. :hammer:

SShepherd

I had a similar momentary lapse of judgement 2 days ago..got my finger caught between a bandsaw blade and the large drive wheel. Probably wouldn't have been so bad, except for that natural reaction to jerk your hand out:doh:
lol, managed to pull half my fingernail out--from the back(quick)

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a similar momentary lapse of judgement 2 days ago..got my finger caught between a bandsaw blade and the large drive wheel. Probably wouldn't have been so bad, except for that natural reaction to jerk your hand out:doh:
lol, managed to pull half my fingernail out--from the back(quick)
Ouch that dont sound good either Shep . :flowers: I Finally got some of the wrap off my typin finger so at least I'm back to hunt & peck like normal . still aint to much else I can do yet , but looks like everythings healin & aint nuttin fell off yet . :w00t2: