• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1980 Bombi

DIYDAD

I just started playing with this at the end of the season, all i did was start to weld up a small cage for a little safety and lights. I plan on going through her more this summer. I have heard of summer tracks and was wondering if it is something i should try to track down? I have heard that the winter tracks are hard on the drive line in summer

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 142

alryA

Steel angle or channels might be the case or even rubber. Give these guys some time and Bombi owners will pipe up. Bombi track styles are not my area of expertise...

DIYDAD

Thanks for the info, I found a couple of old pictures of summer tracks since you said that it looks like the summer tracks are narrower also I actually have 2 sets of winter tracks one with very good aluminum grousers the other looks like someone ran them in the summer as they are worn on the outer edges. My thought was to take off the track on the machine and strip the aluminum grousers off and make summer tracks but if it should be narrower (that makes sense) I should probably get some banding as well. Does anyone know what the width should be? and thanks for the information

fuzzy

Thanks for the info, I found a couple of old pictures of summer tracks since you said that it looks like the summer tracks are narrower also I actually have 2 sets of winter tracks one with very good aluminum grousers the other looks like someone ran them in the summer as they are worn on the outer edges. My thought was to take off the track on the machine and strip the aluminum grousers off and make summer tracks but if it should be narrower (that makes sense) I should probably get some banding as well. Does anyone know what the width should be? and thanks for the information
Any chance you still have the winter tracks or grousers and would be willing to part with them? I may have a set of summer tracks I would trade if you are interested.

SKINOW11

Please see attached picture of summer track...18 inches
Question for you...can you take a picture of the drive cog wheel?
As you can see from my pictures' my cat is confused
and I would like to correct the one that is wrong

Attachments

• IMG_3712.jpg
    IMG_3712.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3713.jpg
    IMG_3713.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4376.jpg
    IMG_4376.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 37