• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1969 542 "Vista Cruiser" adoption

Sno-Surfer

Hello fellow mad catters! After our cat-astrophic cat crushing cat-astrophe we have opened our arms up to a new member of the family. The Tucker Mafia and 500 Club has worked some miracles and we now are the proud owners of 4-tracks well cared for 1969 542, aka the "Vista Cruiser". This thing purrs like a kitten until you give it some gas and then sounds more like a lion with it's Chevy V8.
I took it out for it's first run around last weekend and had a fantastic day playing in the snow (which we still have plenty of!). This one also has the independent steering which takes a bit of getting used to. Sort of like riding a Swing Bike ( I never rode one though) with it's tail end able to swing around and crab walk when you want to pack a wider path. It takes two hands to steer it in tight areas. The cab is open to the box on back so you can talk to the passengers and feels quite roomy in front too with the gas tank moved to the back.
I am sure we will make some changes in the back to fit our needs but this couldn't be a better set up to get us back out in the snow again. I think we have about a month left of catting and I hope to take full advantage of it.
Huge thanks to all the parties involved in making this transition to the new cat as painless as possible. We are so thankful and appreciative of all our catting friends. Sno-Surfer and family are back in action. See you on the snow!!

tempImage39RASy.jpg
tempImagea3m0g6.jpg
tempImageFRgtz5.jpg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats on the new cat! Seen that machine in action a number of times along with the family. Pretty sure you have some nice stainless shoes on there somewhere.

That motor chevy small block you have is quite a treat. Pay no attention to the haters and mouse motor comments. Loads of torque easy to work on cruise everywhere in 3rd gear.

Did the trailer survive and is that the hauler?

Sno-Surfer

Congrats on the new cat! Seen that machine in action a number of times along with the family. Pretty sure you have some nice stainless shoes on there somewhere.

That motor chevy small block you have is quite a treat. Pay no attention to the haters and mouse motor comments. Loads of torque easy to work on cruise everywhere in 3rd gear.

Did the trailer survive and is that the hauler?
Yes it has nice new SS shoes on those pontoons! The old trailer survived but is getting reworked out at the Cooper facility. I have a loaner for now and it's a flat decked trailer. I make sure it's tied on tight but makes me a little nervous because it's just a slippery flat deck and I'm used to the old trailer which really cradles the cat. But it didn't budge at all on the trip last weekend. The V8 is great, reminds me of high school a bit...lol!