• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1965 442a

Gannon

Hi all. I’m Gannon from Lancaster pa. I bought my first tucker in November 2019. A 1965 442a. I had gone with my father in law to look at some old dodge trucks a friend had on a property he owns. We were walking around looking when I saw it sitting there and decided I had to have it. After I decided I had to have it my fil told me he had sold it to his friend in the early 90’s. It was on his properly until I picked it up. I was told something broke in the driveline and that’s why it was parked.

We had to drag it out off the property into the neighbors fields to be able to get it onto the trailer. First thing I did was pull the drive shafts to try and figure out what broke. I found that the rear was able to be turned without to much resistance. then I pulled the pontoons and found one of the shaft keys sheared off. I also found one of the axle shafts cracked in the key way. I repaired a lot of the metal that the rollers ride on for the rear pontoons.
I had to pull the engine and repair the oil pan since the yoke on the front axle hit it and put a hole in it. While it was out I went through the engine. It looked to be in good shape and had never been bored over. I was able to find all standard bearings and rings for it. I got the starter and clutch rebuilt. Next I went through the trans and cleaned it up and resealed everything. After the trans was back in I tore into the drop box and found the bearing races were pitted from sitting so long in one spot. Put new bearings and races in it. Replaced all the u joints. Next is riveting a new lining on for the brake and then the drop box can go back in. I will update with some pictures if I can get them on here from my phone

Gannon

AE0FD38F-C8DE-4394-B7B8-EC0DD6BFE5E4.png

Gannon

After reading another post on here about rusting frames I found the left rail was rotted out on the bottom. I got it cut out and hopefully can get a new piece bent this week. Also planning on mounting the radiator at 90 degrees since the original mounts have it leaned forward at the top

Attachments

• 01644394-A27B-4541-9823-9AB2E09E7BCA.jpeg
    01644394-A27B-4541-9823-9AB2E09E7BCA.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 118

Gannon

Had to get a new piece of frame rail for the left side. It rotted out on the bottom. I’ve got it welded in. Just need to touch up a spot or two yet. It took 4-5 hrs of cutting and grinding to get the old one out plus another 3-4 of removing rusty screws.

Attachments

• C14DAA32-885A-4179-9803-73F3837C195A.jpeg
    C14DAA32-885A-4179-9803-73F3837C195A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 107

Gannon

I took my transfer case apart to inspect. Found the bearings and races were pitted from sitting so long. I put all new bearings, races and seals in it. Waiting to rivet the new lining on the parking brake and then it can go in.

The frame rail is almost finished. Most of the body has been reinstalled.

Attachments

• 1CB16490-233B-4C97-8126-7CE5798E2F25.jpeg
    1CB16490-233B-4C97-8126-7CE5798E2F25.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 88