• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1964 IMP value

sledhaus

I have someone interested in a 64 IMP I have had for a while and done nothing with and likely won't so I'm thinking of selling it. I have to move it regardless as I'm selling the property so am curious if I'm in the ballpark. It was a utility company owned unit and the Wisconsin engine looks and ran like new. The tracks are good. It has a canvas half-cab (metal roof) that needs redone. The other bad: Doesn't steer in one direction and I believe it is a broken axle (apparently common). I'm thinking around $2500. Local guy looking for a project he can restore and play with. I would like to see someone do something with it. Any opinions welcome. Might sell some other machines from collection. Catigator, two Cushman Tracksters, Tuckers 222, 423, 443. All will run and drive except Cushmans and are restorable machines. Thinking of thinning herd (hoard).

sledhaus

Whoa there boys. I was better than half asleep the other evening when I posted this and just remembered it tonight. Give me a bit to make sure I wasn't just thinking of selling stuff because of sleep deprevation. Between work and trying to get a rental house back in shape because someone wants to buy it, I haven't had the rest I need to think like a true hoarder. Not sure how much stuff I want to move though and only have a couple months to do it so will be doing some thinning. The guy came to look at the IMP today and I encouraged him to check out IMPs on the web so he is comfortable the price is fair before he takes on the project. I definitely have no attachment to the Catigator although it is at a friend's house so there is no urgency to move it. Of the Tuckers I will probably keep the Sno Kitten for now because it's easiest to move and store. The other two can go. The Tracksters would be a package deal. One is complete with worn out engine. Other has factory fiberglass cab, bad engine and some controls missing. Neither has real good tracks. All machines are located in western Montana and stored outside and some are frozen to the earth's crust so no panic on racing over here. I'll try to get some photos in a week or so when the house project is done and post some ads on the classifieds. Nobody even shared an opinion on the IMP. What's up with that?

dave_dj1

First let me say get some rest! Going without proper rest is not good for a body.
I think if you read between the lines most are saying that the IMP is a heck of a deal!
You are too far away from me to help you out with the Cushmans but that was my interest.
Best of luck with the sale of the house and moving your inventory. I wish I could help take the cushmans off your hands.
dave

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have someone interested in a 64 IMP I have had for a while and done nothing with and likely won't so I'm thinking of selling it. I have to move it regardless as I'm selling the property so am curious if I'm in the ballpark. It was a utility company owned unit and the Wisconsin engine looks and ran like new. The tracks are good. It has a canvas half-cab (metal roof) that needs redone. The other bad: Doesn't steer in one direction and I believe it is a broken axle (apparently common). I'm thinking around $2500. Local guy looking for a project he can restore and play with. I would like to see someone do something with it. Any opinions welcome. Might sell some other machines from collection. Catigator, two Cushman Tracksters, Tuckers 222, 423, 443. All will run and drive except Cushmans and are restorable machines. Thinking of thinning herd (hoard).

Well to answer your question assuming is must be 1402? with the Wisconsin engine
in the last year we have bought a couple of running and driving 1404 machines for that price and they did need need track work on one of them and the other needs work also on paint exhaust electrical but the tracks are good. Tracks and differetials are the big ones you can put more time and money in those two items than anything else it really depends on all of the items

But when I look at machine it depends on if it is to keep or to resale we have rebuilt many many machines and can see what it will really take to get back to a good machine. another factor is we have most all parts to bring them back. If we dont have them we build it.

so back to your question if it has good tracks and only a axle broke it is a fair price
if it is deeper than that then it is high for a 1402? if it was a 1404 then more could be
paid with pictures it could valued better but the 1404 do have a higher value

sledhaus

Thanks for the input. I only purchase old cats and snowmobiles as part of my collection and not for re-sale or actual use. So a lot of details I consider not important would be very important to a potential user. I steered the guy toward the IMP because I felt it was the only machine I had that was practical to repair and actually use. I wouldn't have considered selling it had this property sale not come along and in this economy I need to make whatever allowances it takes, even if it means selling off machines. It is far less painful to let go of a few larger machines that are a pain to move and store than to sell my more rare and valuable antique and vintage snowmobiles. Keep in mind my idea of thinning means getting down to maybe 50. Needless to say my wife is thrilled. We actually had a beautiful 50 degree day today so I managed to move 1300 lb 1965 Polaris Super Mountaineer but adjacent machines were hopelessly frozen down. I had the forethought to put the Tuckers on boards last Fall in case this happened but that was as far as I got. Tore up the yard pretty bad with the Bobcat so now the ruts will freeze solid when the next front moves in and I'll regret that move.

sledhaus

I posted a couple tuckers and a pair of Tracksters and a Catigator on the classifieds. The guy hasn't gotten back to me on the Imp yet so it is available if someone is interested. No photos of it yet but I'll try to get some before I leave town for the weekend and post it too.