• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1962 Simplicity W walk behind tractor...

steave1955

Hello, Looking for some help if possible... I have an old Simplicity Model W walk behind tractor... It's missing the carb (I removed it a few years ago to clean and now have lost it) and it has no spark... It has a Briggs & Straton engine... I am in need of a Carb and a set of ignition points or the complete ignition box... Any help would be much appreciated... I am located in NJ, I would even consider bringing it to someone local to repair it if anyone knows of someone.... Thank you..

119784830_10159089834383783_7300508128727730364_n.jpg119986113_10159089834443783_8565859137736188450_n.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Look up a guy named Gordon Robertson in Cold Spring, NY. He restores stuff like this. Not sure he knows about this particular model, but he is a genius with these things. Has done other walk behind tractors, boats, various antique machine, etc.

tonkeeparts

1. Online Marketplace: Check online marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, or specialized vintage tractor parts websites for the carburetor and ignition components. Be sure to verify compatibility with your specific Briggs & Stratton engine model.
  2. Local Small Engine Repair Shops: Reach out to local small engine repair shops or tractor restoration enthusiasts in your area who might have or know where to find these parts.
  3. Tractor Forums and Clubs: Join vintage tractor forums and clubs where members often share advice, parts sources, and restoration tips.