• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1957 tucker snow kitten

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Pic4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 389

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody know what the brake drums for the kitten are from originally? They didn't match up to the dodge drum pics. that vintage dodge sent me. Or if anybody has a part# on a drum I can search. Got the flywheel and clutch setup figured out and just got to make an engine to transmission adapter.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ed, after bringing up this question at the 'Meow', I was told you need to find FRONT drums off of a '47-'49 Plymouth. (I believe the years are correct?? Someone please correct me if not.)

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Dave.
I'm regretting I didn't go in the first place never mind especially after all the pics.
Once the brakes are taking care of and the engine plate and I get everything lined up then tear down to restore. Just been hard to get info to do it as right as possible.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally getting somewhere. Engine adapter done. Local machine shop did it for me. Came out nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 190

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't get too wild with that way more powerful engine. The Anglia was rated at 25 HP so the drive train is not designed for big horse power. Should be a sweet rig when you get her going.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
That's what I've been worried about. Already seen the damage to the frame I have to fix from a owner before that threw a track. Also one of the reasons for going right through this completely before using it. Even though dying to drive it around.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
VERY nice adapter :clap:- (and probably cost less than the brake shoes:furious: ).

Any luck with the brake drums?

Scott, was I correct in remembering the correct years Jinn stated with the '47-'49 Plymouth front drums?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
HMMMM,I wonder if a 1950 plymouth has the right drums? i have one saved out in the junkyard for a spare 218 c.i. engine for a tucker.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Dave still working on the brake drums. Got to get ahold of kanters to see if they have any. Been looking around for someone that might have done a disk brake conversion and still had their old drums. No luck so far.

Loggah If you had some that would be awesome or if you even had a picture of them so I could figure out how tucker attached the gear where it's welded. Here's a picture so you can see what I'm talking about

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 255

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
The gear is welded underneath and need to get gear of to replace drum. Don't want to ruin what I have cutting apart to figure it out if I cut wrong. Don't have a spare. 2nd drum picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 241

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Worse case if I don't come up with drums I talked to the machine shop and we might be able to sleeve the outside with some schedule 10 pipe or something but I rather find some drums and have some part# for anybody for future repairs.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
VERY nice adapter :clap:- (and probably cost less than the brake shoes:furious: ).

Any luck with the brake drums?

Scott, was I correct in remembering the correct years Jinn stated with the '47-'49 Plymouth front drums?

I have not had to get that deep into my Kitten, so I would go with the '47-'49 Plymouth for starters. See if the Plymouth matches size wise. The OD seems to be turned for the external brake band by Tucker, so don't expect the Plymouth drum to be machined there. Ed, can you chuck the whole assy. in a lathe and turn the ID if it needs it? Remember this is not an on highway car and if you treat the Kitten with care, you will not have to redo it in your life time.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a picture of a 1949 Plymouth drum it looks like it comes with the riveted
Part so I would guess Tucker might have turned and welded the sprocket on to it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 229

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I'll pull the wheels off in the next few days and see how they look. you guys got my curiosity up !:biggrin:

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Boggie, That looks like them but mine measure a hair under 11" by 2". That's been the hard part. Thanks for the help

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Ed, I got back to the junkyard yesterday,i measured the brake drums they are 10 " diameter !! bummer ,i was hoping they were 11":sad::sad: i will still keep my eyes open.