• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1957 tucker sno kitten

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Sno kitten pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 443

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What engine? Is this the one that sold recently here? Nice looking machine. When the snow comes it will be alot of fun! Others here have said these are nice to operate, and very capable machines.

A while back I and another forum member boggie, were looking at a factory ad, and what it refered to as the type of turning clutch mechnism these machines had. Could you describe how this machine is able to declutch a track for turning?

Nice Cat. Hope it you enjoy it!

Regards, Kirk

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
It has a datsun 1171 motor out of a 1971 b110 or pickup.
It was the one for sale in Montana. From what I've seen in the info I've been looking at it's a brake band inside the pontoon. You pull the lever back to stop the track from turning. I' ll know for sure when I pull it apart soon to go through them and make sure there good. Then I'll post pics of it apart. It had 2 broken links and the tracks are a little stiff or I would have taken it to maine last weekend. I can actually push it when it's in neutral.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Gypsy here's some pics of the springs. I have only figured out how to load 1 at a time from the album I down loaded so there will be 4or 5 in a row too see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 404

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
When I get it all apart I'll post pics. The top of the spring rest against the bottom of the top frame rail. The least I'll do when it's apart is put a plate there to rest,rub on.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
300 h and h
Here is a couple pics. Of the drive setup inside pontoon. It has inner brake shoes that work of a cam system that engages the drum to move and an outer brake band to stop the drum to turn while at the same time the cams disengage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 357

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll definitely be stripping it down to bare frame and redoing it all. The frame is pretty bent up on right side upper rail. It threw a track at one time and had taken off 1/2 the front spring mount. The upper rail looks like a roller coaster. No big deal I figured I would doing it all over anyways.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 364

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
have fun, working though a complete restoration of a 57 also, working on the pontoons and drive train, if done right/rebuilt correctly, they work very well, otherwise you get what you pay for, enjoy regards

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 353

GYPSY

If/when you guys get the springs apart I would appreciate some specs so I can replace mine. The guide between the 2 springs is welded and the springs are gone. I wonder if the springs really make a difference in the ride.
Thanks,
Gypsy

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I have spring over coil shocks on my kitten, they are off of a atv, fit very nicely without altering the tucker, and did make a difference in the ride, as they do ride rough

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Glacierparkbus
I'm acutely looking foward to it. The body and pontoon are in really good condition. I'll be doing bearings,brake lining, clutch window weather striping,anything it needs. I hate breakdowns from lack of service or ignorance. I've towed enough snowmobile back out the mountains or 80-100 miles back to the places we stay or below 0 to try and make sure my stuff is good. Tucker didn't have any info on this one for a build sheet or anything else. Was trying to find out if they painted it white for someone or it was done later.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Gypsy
WhenI get a pontoon off I'll measure the height,circumference, and compressed poundage of the springs. Hopefully Friday if not sometime next week.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey,if you send me the serial number from your machine, should be able to tell you was the first owner, they were all painted orange originally and then each owner seemed to paint them their favorite color.

GYPSY

Glacierparkbus,
Any chance of a picture of your spring set up when ever you get a chance?
Thanks,
Gypsy

1959 222 Kitten
s/n 159642

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Glacierparkbus
Here's the serial# 157432. Any info you come up would be great. Thank you Ed. A shock setup would defiantly be better. The spring setup on mine is pretty weak.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
If anyone has pics. Of stock motor mount setup could you post them please. I'll post pics of what on mine now they have to be redone anyways. Even though I don't have a stock motor in it I would like it to be stock as original as I can. The whole motor,trans,rear end is held in by 2 front motor mounts and the spring setup on the pontoons. I have to pull it all apart anyways (frame bent) to do it right and also improve on the spring setup. They're bent. Also thinking of doing coil over shock setup from rear end to frame to help support body and frame. Some thing that can taken out if doesn't work or bring as close to original as possible without it looking like crap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 299