Here are some pictures and info on kitten brakes. I sent the shoes and bands out because I didn't have any extra time to do it myself and figured it would be easier and quicker doing it that way. Also when I had a half hour or hour to search for lining material, rivet or glue I didn't come up with any really good sources. Pic1 and pic2 are what was done. Pic3 and pic4 are pics of what was done and what you can use. I found these after spending a lot of time searching because of what it ended up costing in the end. The shoes are from a dodge 1946-47 3/4 truck or 1948-53 dodge 1 ton front brakes. If you look in pic3 you'll see orange marker on the tip. The tip needs to be cut at the right angle then welded on sides and tip face like tucker did. You'll see it pic3+ pic4. The tip rides on the cams and I would say they did it to hard face them to last. I'm just passing this info along so hopefully it helps someone out, not to start anything. The new shoes were $73.69 shipped. The work I had done and I know it's some work to do them( I own a repair and body business) was 10 times that amount with change left over to go to McDonalds for lunch. Unfortunately it is what it is and all in hind sight after the fact. Like I said this is not start anything these toys are expensive enough to restore or bring back to life without spending the wrong way.
Yes and if you look close the lining isn't tight against the shoe. Not thrilled about the whole deal that's why I made the time and searched to find what actual application the broke shoes came from. The band linings came out fine but the brake shoe lining didn't and that's what drives the vehicle.