• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1202B

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
This is from my brother in laws company, his son took over the company a number of years ago and is now retiring. I haven't seen this cat or even knew they had it. Their company did a lot of work for the RR, cleaned up wrecks, rebuilt the snowslide tunnels over Donner Pass, ect. I assume they had it for some of that kind of work. I can tell you that their equipment was meticulously maintained. This looks to be in pretty good shape, I just don't need another cat.

Screenshot_20210530-145243_Chrome.jpg

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
This is from my brother in laws company, his son took over the company a number of years ago and is now retiring. I haven't seen this cat or even knew they had it. Their company did a lot of work for the RR, cleaned up wrecks, rebuilt the snowslide tunnels over Donner Pass, ect. I assume they had it for some of that kind of work. I can tell you that their equipment was meticulously maintained. This looks to be in pretty good shape, I just don't need another cat.
1BG,

I'm somewhat surprised at your last sentence. "Need" doesn't enter into it. If my memory is correct you don't have a machine from Thiokol/DMC/LMC. The key word is "want", but if it's important to be able to use "need", how about "You need a Thiokol to flesh out your fleet, and what better specimen than a well maintained one with family member ownership history"?

Aren't I a good influence?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
boring guy,

just, what you are thinking, all I can do is shake my head and question all that is snow cat

it belongs in your garage, and yes Blackfoot tucker is a very good influence and then some

Last edited:

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
"it belongs in your garage, and yes Blackfoot tucker is a very good influence and then some" - PP

Yea, that was my 14th guess, BFT is a good influence, and I'll have to lump you two right in there together ?

Obviously self restraint isn't my strong suit, but this could work out in all our favor.

I recall a few years back talking to a buddy also from the construction industry about how crowded Cabellas was right before Christmas. Probably we had all been there doing our shopping on Christmas Eve or something you know. Anyway as he was there, another buddy who also owns a construction company saw him, and then again another construction bussiness friend wandered by. All on Christmas Eve of course. I asked him if he bought himself a new rifle for Christmas. He said no, he would get shot with it by his wife if he did. I said, you guys not working this right.

You have to explain to your wife that you were at Cabellas shopping when you ran into Joe who had bought Pete a new rifle for Christmas, and what do you know Pete had bought you a new rifle for Christmas too. So of course you had to buy Joe a new rifle for Christmas just so no one was left out. And it's all good anyway, because it improves bussiness relationships, you see.

Christmas isn't that far off and we know, we could all use another snowcat, it's just about selling the notion. ?

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I just inquired on this cat at skicatcompany.com....great looking machine
I think they're the same outfit that offer to lease used Pisten Bully 100s for the bargain price of $5,650.. per MONTH. Undoubtedly there's a several month minimum. You could own outright a pretty decent snowcat for the cost of renting one of theirs for a season.

My recollection is they joined the forum and promptly violated the terms of service as the classifieds section clearly states NON COMMERCIAL USE.

As the saying goes "You never get a second chance to make a first impression". The impression they made with me is a poor one...

Solrus

55K, they must have add something....and I thought 30 K for a B model was insane!
I doubt all those things listed were done by the mechanic in Cali . There was also mid 2000 Tucker Terra with crane , just insane machine also was sold same time with this cat , I would pay 44k for tucker then if to choose between this 50k priced now.