• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Mini Snowcat

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
I thought I heard that someone recently found the Thiokol Mini Snowcat, not sure, could be wrong on this, couldn't find the post. However Scott Eskelson just gave me this photo of the mini snowcat. Thought some might be interested. The four children in the mini cat are Ross Eskelson's children.

I also attached the other photos of it which I had posted earlier this year.

Also there is a good chance one of those 201's in the background is my 1962 S/N 001.

2-15-2011_004 (9).jpg

201s 1962.jpg

20191204_103643_Film3.jpg

DSCN4175.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought I heard that someone recently found the Thiokol Mini Snowcat, not sure, could be wrong on this, couldn't find the post. However Scott Eskelson just gave me this photo of the mini snowcat. Thought some might be interested. The four children in the mini cat are Ross Eskelson's children.

I also attached the other photos of it which I had posted earlier this year.

Also there is a good chance one of those 201's in the background is my 1962 S/N 001.

View attachment 129600

View attachment 129601

View attachment 129602

View attachment 129603

I found it, and your photos confirm the find...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of engine and transmission does it use?

sorry I do not know, as I picked it up and stuck put in storage without really looking at, it looks exactly as the photos, the engine cover is still on it, really neat little snow cat. all-n-all very complete, the seller did say it ran and used it a few years back

Kinda related, here's some technical papers written by Ross in the late 60s. I have no idea if the one from 1969 is the same Ross though, the content sure does read like his stuff. Maybe it was a typo on his middle initial. Did he work for Esson after Thiokol or was it some type of moonlight consulting he did on the side? Anyways I thought he did a good job explaining the design engineering of snowcats.

Attachments

• eskelson1968.pdf
    15 MB · Views: 165
  • eskelson1969.pdf
    11.8 MB · Views: 176