• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Outdoor thermometer/weather stations

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought we talked about this a couple years back but can't find the thread.

I'm looking for an indoor/outdoor temperature & humidity unit (wireless to outside).

I currently have AcuRite and LaCrosse. Both are junk IMHO. Want something that'll last more than a year.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I've had a couple LaCross that lasted very well. The first one had an anemometer and that part didn't work too well. Current one is 6-7 years old. And I have a seperate wind thing that is made out of a bicycle speedo by somebody. That's 5 or so years old.

Attachments

• lacrosse.jpg
    lacrosse.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 163

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I have an Acurite that's probably 8 yrs old and has served me well. No humidity reading.Has 3 remotes and they all seem to be accurate.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have one that was a Christmas gift from many years ago. Clock function, Indoor & outdoor Temp & Humidity plus Barametric pressure with a forecast display showing rain/cloudy/snow/sun. Not quite as pretty as Pixie’s display shown above but similar.

I would actually like one with a wind speed meter in addition to the above features

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I looked at that more closely.... mine has a barometer and moon phase also. I will comment that changing batteries is a pain and the atomic clock can take a while to catch on.

I'd take a pic of mine but it's too bright in here and it's dusty .....

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Took a pic of my wind thing. It comes with the little wheel you mount on a post ( elec. conduit ) for $79.

Yes, it's small. You can't read it from 6 feet away. But if you know it's windy, you can go over and see How windy. Had a gust of 88 mph one Feb. morning.
I live in a windy spot.

Attachments

• wind thing.jpg
    wind thing.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 155