• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New project

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I just made a deal on this old 1936 Caterpillar RD4. Not running of coarse, its one of the first diesel Cats. If it was a R4 it would be gas, the RD means diesel then the R was dropped later as they were all diesel moving forward. The seller stated that he had it running 4 years IMG_2467.jpgago by pull starting it, as the pony motor has no spark, then the fan belt broke, he broke his leg and never played with it after that. I checked it out. Its is all there with the hour meter showing 800 hours, everything turns and all the levers move and no water in anything. I will have it home later this week and will post more pictures with a lot of questions if any of you have experience with these old machines it would be a great help.