• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FINNALLY,,,,,I FOUND IT MY TANZER 27

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
After years of struggle, to find a boat and make a deal,,,; I cannot believe my luck. First the boat, THE ONE I WANTED, becomes available and now I need a cradle.
E-Bay about two hours from the boat location $300.
Sailboat Shipping Cradle
Sailboat Shipping Cradle
$300.00Unit price $300.00
Item number:115231068026
Returns not accepted.
Contact seller
More actions
It needs minor modification, easily done to fit my new boat.
And it fits exactly on my hauling trailer.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Lucky? Yeah, I've had some good luck

With any luck I'll get to see this again

cathy 4a

Crumpy at the helm on our former Tanzer 27

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The E-bay cradle did not work out. The guy cancelled the sale.
No reason given

So, I have had to build one. Just did so this week.

I'm hauling out and putting the Tanzer 27 on my 20 foot flatbed trailer this weekend. It's down near Dalls/Fortworth TX.

My Brother lives in Plano and is helping me.

I'm building the cradle with four frames to hold the bunkers that stabilize the boat which will set on it's keel.
It will extend forward three feet over the trailer tongue and four feet behind the bed. The trailer is 8 feet wide and the beam of the boat is 9' 6"

I'm using pine 2X6's mostly on the cradle frame. Except the uprights which are 2X4's that fit in the stake-side pockets. Construction screws through-out and 1/2"carriage bolts at many of the support joints.
Boat weighs in at 8,000 lbs. Cradle weighs about 600 lbs. Trailer payload capacity is 10K.

It is a 12 hour drive from Lake Hubbard to Stockton MO. That will happen Tuesday. The boat will likely stay on the hard for a few months until our slip opens up. That happens when we sell the Bahama Islander 30 or can modify the cradle to place it on the hard.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I got it to Stockton MO. It's in need of some repairs so we did not put it in the water.
Story and Pictures later. Right now, I have to catch up at work.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Still trying to get pictures off my flip phone.
Crumpy has better ones we will work on tonight.

As for me, on top of total fatigue, I have a cold.