• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CBD

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone tried CBD for back pain?
ive about given up on the medical establishment to help me with my back pain.
The aquatic's classes help but I still cant stand for over 45 minuets without major pain

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After breaking my back 9 years ago, I was prescribed oxys for pain. They did absolutely nothing for back pain but left me in a zombie state most of the time. I went in for surgery on my abdomen and the hospital switched me to Lyrica which is a nerve pill. It did nothing for pain but as a lovely side effect caused me to gain 40lbs in 3 months.

I switched to medical Marijuana and basically went from needing a walker and mobility scooter to being able to walk around normally for the most part and actually get stuff done. It's not ideal but it works. It's a lesser of two evils. Either I could sit in pain barely able to move totally spun out on oxys or use medical Marijuana and actually get some relief.

Case in point was yesterday. We had friends over for supper. I was hobbling around unsteady on my feet using a cane due to my back on fire. I went on the deck and took a quick pull on my thc vape pen (which doesn't stink like regular weed btw) and within minutes was able to drop the cane and walk normally.

I grew up in the 80s being brainwashed with the whole "just say no" agenda being pushed so I was deadset against it all my life until I was injured. It works. I can't really comment of the straight cbd stuff though as I didn't have much luck with it. It was more akin to bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I haven't had any luck with the gummies as they take too long to work. Then the unpredictability and potency always knock me on my butt. So I stick with the vape pens. And even there, there's a difference in the types. There's sativa hybrid blend and indica. I often have a selection of pens on me for the situation. If I need to be pain free and have a burst of energy to get stuff done, I'll take a sativa. After lunch, I'm usually pretty sore and want to just relax but not be a zombie so I'll take a pull on my hybrid or blend whichever one I happen to have. In the evening, I switch to my indica pen as it numbs the pain and knocks me out so I can sleep at night. The nice thing about the vape pen is there's very little smell if anything. No smoke. I can just go in the bathroom at 2am and take a quick pull and within minutes feel the burning in my back disapate and I can get to sleep. When I was on oxys and Lyrica, I was sleeping on the chair in the living room most nights and barely able to sleep 2 hrs straight. I can now sleep all night in my own bed.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What about the CBD oils?

I think there are a couple basic types. Those with THC and those without. From what I gather, unlike 'gummies' the oils have a measured potency and you can essentially dose yourself with the amount you need by taking a bit more or a bit less.

I'm living in a state that still prosecutes people for marijuana possession, but literally a few miles to the west or a few miles to the north are states that allow pretty much whatever. Recreational and medical vape, edibles, CBD, and marijuana for actual smoking fun. Nor have I considered using any of the above, at least not yet, so far I'm fine with Advil and Tramadol, no mental fog, no more pain either. But my sister-in-law and several of her friends use edibles from shops they visit in Michigan. Not sure if different shops carry different doses or you get what you get or if there are "light" 'medium' and 'magnum' dosed gummies that are distinguished by size/shape, etc? I'm pretty ignorant of all of it.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
What NorthernRedneck said is pretty good advice. You will need to do some experimenting and be careful with the different types and brands/sources. There are some crazy strong options out there that can be overwhelming and give you not so good experiences. It's all legal out here in the west and there are tons of options.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd be happy to be like Bob and use Tylenol it doesn't have any affect on the pain.
I'm leery of the Vape thing because of my asthma.
The oils and tincture
There's no way i can reach back of my back and rub the oils on
tincture might be the ticket???

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓🩺 🇺🇸
GOLD Site Supporter
My son Jeff uses edibles once in a while for neck and back pain. He says it works.
As for my pain, I have to rely of Tylenol Arthritis only. It works for me, thank God because I can't use aspirin or Advil or Aleve now because I practically destroyed my stomach from overuse because of the arthritis, then I ended up with an ulcer.
No fun.
Aging sucks.
I feel like I'm 74 some days instead of 64.
Other days it's like I'm still in my 40s.
😞

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My son Jeff uses edibles once in a while for neck and back pain. He says it works.
As for my pain, I have to rely of Tylenol Arthritis only. It works for me, thank God because I can't use aspirin or Advil or Aleve now because I practically destroyed my stomach from overuse because of the arthritis, then I ended up with an ulcer.
No fun.
Aging sucks.
I feel like I'm 74 some days instead of 64.
Other days it's like I'm still in my 40s.
😞

I can relate. I was only 38 when I broke my back in 6 places. I'm 47 now bit some days I swear I'd lose a foot race in a seniors home.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓🩺 🇺🇸
GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate. I was only 38 when I broke my back in 6 places. I'm 47 now bit some days I swear I'd lose a foot race in a seniors home.
I sure remember that, Brian.
Both of my sons are in their 40s now.
Jeff's going to be 46 in July and Ty will turn 41.
They constantly ask me for advice about what to do about this or that.
Thankfully they don't have any real bad issues right now, aside from Jeff's neck and back, but those are lingering from surgeries he's had to correct some things.
Ty is beginning to feel arthritic in his arms and hands. It's because of the work he does.
He refuses to go to the doctor because he's too tuff to admit he's getting older.
I always tell them this is aging and welcome to it.