• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who Stole My Bookmarks ???????????

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I came home from work, turned on the computer and :shitHitFan: My home page is gone my bookmarks are gone except for 10 or 12 garbage sites, I check cookies, gone all but 5 or 6. Instead of going to my earthlink homepage I'm directed to a generic mozilla welcome then to a google search engine.

Can anyone tell me what happened

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator

Your welcome..... anytime you need help, feel free to call 1 800- ASK THE JUNKMAN

You can do a restore to an earlier date, and possibly get it all back. It is worth a try.

click Start
click All Programs
click Accessories
click System Tools
click System Restore
follow directions..

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Also run your virus checker. You might have been infected.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ya got any kids on your computer that may have loaded Mozilla??? I won't let my kids touch my computer. I learned the hard way.

Also, I dialed that 1-800-ASK-JUNKMAN and you might want to watch out for it?? I think it is one of them charge sites.

murph

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Your welcome..... anytime you need help, feel free to call 1 800- ASK THE JUNKMAN

You can do a restore to an earlier date, and possibly get it all back. It is worth a try.

click Start
click All Programs
click Accessories
click System Tools
click System Restore
follow directions..

I ran the system restore :tiphat: , AVG virus check and spybot.

System restore seemed to bring everything back to normal except for the missin bookmarks. The other two programs found no problems. Everything seems ok now. I backed up my bookmark file a few months back and reloaded that so I ended up not losing much.

It was just the weirdest thing with no apparent reason. I'm a MAC guy and always have been. I have this sony laptop that I use for internet stuff because I can sit in my recliner and surf. But I'll tell you, I have more crap go wrong with this PC than all the years using MACs.

ps. When I called the 800 number some guy talked dirty to me then asked me to vote for Hillary.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
ps. When I called the 800 number some guy talked dirty to me then asked me to vote for Hillary.

Are you running Firefox or IE?? If your running Firefox you can possibly get your favorites back.

As for the 800 number, that is Junkman and you will see a large invoice against your phone number next month??

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When I was using Firefox I lost them a couple of times. Looks like you can get them back if you didn't mess it up using the restore feature.

Follow this link.

It is a common prolem with Firefox.

murph

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
No luck, It also won't save any new bookmarks. I went on mozilla's support site and they say it's not an uncommon problem. I read through the repair instructions :wtf: then I gave up. I'm going to wait for my pal Joe to come back from vacation and do what I've done every other time this Microsoft based Piece of Crap has given me grief.

" Hey Joe, can you come over tonight and fix this damn thing for me"

Mac Forever​

Thanks for asking.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are your bookmarks in Internet Explorer? If so, you may be able to import them back into Mozilla.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Are your bookmarks in Internet Explorer? If so, you may be able to import them back into Mozilla.

I don't knowhow they're handled. I have most of them, as I am so distrustful of this damn machine I back up my stuff every few months. I backed up my bookmark file in November so all I lost is the last few months. I appreciate the offer, Thanks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In Firefox
Click on "File" then "Import" then it'll give the option for Internet Explorer.
Click "Next" then a window will appear asking what all you want to import.
Check/Uncheck all you want imported.

I don't like (nor trust) favorites in Mozilla. I keep Internet Explorer as my master copy.