• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Itunes/Ipod Question

BoneheadNW

I bought an ipod the other day and have installed itunes on my computer. I have about 400 songs stored on my computer as protected wma files which are backed up on cds as cma files. In order to load these songs into itunes, I have had to rip them back off the cds, which is slow but manageable. I therefore now have 2 copies of each song on my computer, one as a protected wma file and one as an aac file on itunes. I would like to keep the wma files on there as I prefer windows media player to itunes for computer listening but that is one hell of alot of memory wasted (figure 5 mb per song). Is there any way I can get windows media player to play off the itunes playlist? Is there some type of equilizer on itunes so that I can adjust bass/treble etc? Itunes seems kind of weak considering how much memory it takes up.
Bonehead

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Why not just convert everything to MP3? I thought IPod's could play MP3's but I don't own one so maybe they end up converting the MP3's into AAC. Just a thought.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Why not just convert everything to MP3? I thought IPod's could play MP3's but I don't own one so maybe they end up converting the MP3's into AAC. Just a thought.

I'll go along with PB. I can't help with your PC ? as I am all MAC but my songs are all stored in MP3 format Itunes converts them to WMA for hard copy as not all my players read MP3. Though they are stored that way on my computer.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I have both iPods as well as other brands. I seem to prefer the Sandisk MP3 players because they use a a single AAA battery that can be easily replaced. I can't recall the type of battery, but I just recently discovered that the more expensive (lighter weight) batteries that tout longer live really do. I can get about 75 to 85 hours of play from a single AAA battery. Then, when it quits, I pop in a new battery and it picks up right were it left off. It seems that I'm always needing to charge my 8 gb iPod Nano. It only lasts about 12 hours on average per charge, and seems to need charging at the least convenient times. However, some of the older players that take SD chips and a single AAA battery are awfully nice. I upgraded one from a 1 gb to a 8 gb player for $50. That makes it considerably less expensive than the Nano and it works just as well. I do prefer the small, flat size of the Nano though.

Also, the iPod players seem to be the pickiest about what files they will play. My other players will play numerous files the iPod won't. So, my favorite player would be similar in size to the iPod Nano, use a AAA battery, and accept an SD, or micro SD, chip for memory upgrades. Is there such an animal?