• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help with my Wireless Mouse...

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
My wireless mouse isn't working properly. When I push it, it doesn't respond correctly. Any suggestions? I have sent an e mail to the manufacturer technical support group looking for assistance, but figured that someone here might be able to help until I get a response.. thanks Junk...

Kwiens

What brand is it? Is it a new mouse or a mouse that was previously installed and quit working? Have you installed the software as provided by the vendor? Did you use plug and play to install/reinstall the mouse?

Kevin

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It is an older Microsoft mouse that had worked well in the past, just has gotten sluggish in the last few months.

Kwiens

Is it an optical mouse or a ball mouse? If it is a ball mouse have your recently cleaned the lint?

Kevin

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Kwiens said:
Is it an optical mouse or a ball mouse? If it is a ball mouse have your recently cleaned the lint?

Kevin

Yes. It's always good to keep you mouse's balls clean. Mice like clean balls.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you tried getting a wireless cat to chase it around? If the wireless cat shows no interest in the wireless mouse then there is a good bet that the mouse is dead.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I just got my email response from Microsoft. They sent me this technical service bulletin concerning the problem.....

"If a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Units). Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, a replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.
"Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop off method. Domestic balls are replaced by single twist off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.

"Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately. It is recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge of removing and replacing these necessary items.
"Please keep in mind that a customer without properly working balls is an unhappy customer."

:weneedpic

BoneheadNW

Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls.
Sorry Mith and Vin!
Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop off method. Domestic balls are replaced by single twist off method.
Either way, its gotta hurt!
It is recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction.
Now Junk, I think they are talking to you!
"Please keep in mind that a customer without properly working balls is an unhappy customer."
Yes, that's Junk alright!:yankchain: :hide: :whistle:
Bonehead