• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whats for Dinner Tonight?

Ironman

I'm trying a Papa Murphy's stuffed pizza for the first time - the take and bake kind. I'm sure it won't be as good as homeade but I'm curious (I have a killer recipe for homeade pizza - ask if interested). What are you having?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Pizza sounds good.

We had sirloin steaks grilled out. Baked potatoes and a salad. What a night for you to ask. We might have steaks once a month, especially during the week that is very unusual for us. ummmm good.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dang it guys, you can't be talking food here. I just got out of the hospital and I can only eat liquids right now.

As far as Papa Murphy's. Not bad pizza but then anything would taste good right now. You being from Wisconsin you should try Kwik Trips new half baked pizza. They are pretty darn good and this week-end on sale for $5.98. At least in our area they are.

Where abouts in Wisconsin you hiding from???

Just me Murph, and not the Papa Murphy's

Gatorboy

Tonight, called Outback to place order. Drove to the takeaway parking area, watched the cutie bring out the food, signed the bill and drove home to eat a great meal in the comfort of our home.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Gatorboy said:
Tonight, called Outback to place order. Drove to the takeaway parking area, watched the cutie bring out the food, signed the bill and drove home to eat a great meal

What was he wearing?

Ironman

Doc, that sounds great! I thought I smelled something good!:D We grill out year-round too.

thcri said:
Dang it guys, you can't be talking food here. I just got out of the hospital and I can only eat liquids right now.

As far as Papa Murphy's. Not bad pizza but then anything would taste good right now. You being from Wisconsin you should try Kwik Trips new half baked pizza. They are pretty darn good and this week-end on sale for $5.98. At least in our area they are.

Where abouts in Wisconsin you hiding from???

Just me Murph, and not the Papa Murphy's
Murph, sorry about this thread, I was just interested what everyone was having for suppers. Maybe you can have a shot of whiskey and a few beers to wash down them pain killers?:D Take your mind right off the food, lol! A guy I work with really likes those Kwik trip pizza's - I might have to look into it...

I am hiding in Janesville WI, to be exact. Far enough south of Madison so I don't have to deal with that city. :rolleyes: I've beeen thru Janesville Minnesota once on my way to Mankato (Chevy and Mettlers). Happy to hear you are out of the hospital!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ironchef, we occasionally get PapaMurphys. Take a little EVOO and brush it on the crust before putting it in the oven, then sprinkle a little "Italian seasoning" or similar herb/spice mix lightly over the oiled crust.

BoneheadNW

daedong said:
Cold corned beef (I cooked it yesterday)and salad.

I love pizza but its not good for diabetics.:mad:
Vin, no kangaroo burgers or koala meatballs? I hear they taste like chicken.
Bone

daedong

BoneheadNW said:
Vin, no kangaroo burgers or koala meatballs? I hear they taste like chicken.
Bone
I don't know about koala, but roo tastes nothing like chicken, its a strong red meat, with a very strong game taste.

I beleive crocodile does taste similar to chicken

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Tonight, called Outback to place order. Drove to the takeaway parking area, watched the cutie bring out the food, signed the bill and drove home to eat a great meal

DZ said:
What was he wearing?

:yum: :yum: ......I'm lucky coffee did not spray all over my keyboard on that one. Good one DZ!!!!!!! :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang... I didn't get a chance to eat dinner last night. Actually, I didn't even get a chance to eat lunch. Maybe today will be better but it may be a repeat.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Watch out for Papa Murphy's if you are sensitive to MSG. Some of their pizzas are loaded in the stuff. It'll make you have to drink at least six extra beer (at least that's what I tell my wife). ;)

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Dang... I didn't get a chance to eat dinner last night. Actually, I didn't even get a chance to eat lunch. Maybe today will be better but it may be a repeat.

Your priorities are wrong wrong wrong. :eek:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Ironchef said:
I'm trying a Papa Murphy's stuffed pizza for the first time - the take and bake kind. I'm sure it won't be as good as homeade but I'm curious (I have a killer recipe for homeade pizza - ask if interested). What are you having?

I have never tried any of the take and bake pizza places...if I am going to do take out pizza, I want it hot and ready to eat, not have to take it home, and wait another 20 minutes while the oven heats, and the pizza cooks.

As far as the recipie....shoot it my way.

Someday, we can meet half way and have Giordanos in Rockford. :thumb:

Ironman

Papa Murphy's was pretty good, I must say. Nothing like a pie from a pizzeria but I can say I had it. That pizza did make me thirsty - I had to have 2 beers and a few shots of whiskey.:D
DaveNay said:
I have never tried any of the take and bake pizza places...if I am going to do take out pizza, I want it hot and ready to eat, not have to take it home, and wait another 20 minutes while the oven heats, and the pizza cooks.

As far as the recipie....shoot it my way.

Someday, we can meet half way and have Giordanos in Rockford. :thumb:
Little Ceasers has ready-to-go large pizza's for $5.00. But then you have to eat it... I'll get that pizza recipe up too. You would be suprised how good a homeade pizza can taste.

Yes, that would be fun to meet at Giordanos. I'll have to look them up. Good stuff eh?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am thinking of getting take out.. you know.. something sinfully fattening and delicious?
Or, I could go to the Hong Kong buffet and graze like a starved yak.. which I've been known to do on more than one occasion.
:rolleyes:
Having said that.. I'll be back later..
Watch out Crab Rangoon, here I come!!
200087663_9aca02fa11.jpg

Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Crab cakes sound really good right now! HHMMMmmmm I need to call the wife and have her pick up some crab meat! I might just have to make some up for dinner!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Probably something eaten quickly at work.
It's a pain in the butt working short staffed.
It leaves little time for taking proper breaks. :(

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Soup beans and cornbread last night.

I saw chicken set out to thaw for todays dinner.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Soup beans and cornbread last night.

I saw chicken set out to thaw for todays dinner.
MMMMmm mmmmmmm Doc.. beans and cornbread.
What a nice comfort food meal, huh?
I like soup beans with tons of pepper and chopped onions,my cornbread dripping in butter and sprinkled with paprika.
Geez, now I am hungry:smileywac
Maybe I'll stop someplace on the way to work and get something that I can reheat in the microwave and not stand around eating a cold sandwich (like last night) grrrr
Bye for now folks!
Have a great Sunday :)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever try sprikling brown sugar over the top of the corn bread before you bake it?

My wife got it from her grandma I think, but it sure is good.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever try sprikling brown sugar over the top of the corn bread before you bake it?

My wife got it from her grandma I think, but it sure is good.
Nope Doc.. never tried that- but I will now!
Sounds really good. :)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
LAASSSSAAGGNNNAAAAA!!! Ooooooohh.
Don't forget to dip that garlic bread in some EVOO!

(shame on you for picking on poor Sush)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Meatloaf. I made it. It has 2 eggs. 2 slices of potato bread + 2 slices of 12 grain bread, chopped. 1 medium onion. 2 pounds of ground veal, beef and pork mixture. Some Uncle Ray's Sweet BBQ, some Asian BBQ and some spices. Then it was baked with some Ketchup on top (Red Gold Brand, because we don't want to support that commie who married into the Heinz fortune)

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Homemade potato soup with ham and bacon in it.
Actually reheated leftovers, it's always better the second time around