• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Superbowl Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres?

Ironman

Woo Hoo! Time to pig out on munchies this Sunday. Do you have a recipe to share? I'll post a few of mine in this thread.;)

6 LAYER TACO DIP

in a 9"x13x2" pan (or whatever you have handy):

Layer 1: 2 lbs browned ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning (I use the Taco Bell stuff)
Layer 2: 2 cups sour cream (I season this with one package of taco seasoning too)
Layer 3: 1 jar mild or hot salsa (Habanero if you like!)
Layer 4: chopped green onions
Layer 5: chopped tomatoes
Layer 6: shredded cheddar or taco cheese

Serve with Deli taco chips. Chill the seasoned ground beef before you add the sour cream.

You can also top with chopped cilantro, sliced black olives and sliced jalapeno's. I use "South of the Bordedr chips" only - I love those chips... everyone that has ever tried this loves it!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I love that stuff! It's the stuff parties are made from!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I also recommend the Taco Bell stuff - it's good!

A layer of refried beans is good too!

Ironman

PBinWA said:
A layer of refried beans is good too!
You know what? I always wanted to try that but my kids don't like beans! Maybe I'll sneak it in next time...:D

Margarita Wings

1 dozen whole chicken wings
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup thawed, frozen limeade concentrate
2 tbsp. Triple Sec
1-1/2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
Juice of 1 lime

Directions: Combine all ingredients in a zip-top bag. Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hrs. Grill.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ironchef said:
You know what? I always wanted to try that but my kids don't like beans! Maybe I'll sneak it in next time...:D

Refried beans are just a big paste of goo. They won't know what they are. You can mix them in with the hamburger too.

Them wings look pretty good too! I'm coming over - what time does the party start! :burp:

Ironman

The party starts when you get here!

Cocktail Wieners

1 jar Currant Jelly
Equal amount of chili sauce
1 pound of Smokey Links

Melt the jelly and blend in chili sauce.....heat thoroughly. Add the Smokey Links and stir them around coating each one with the sauce. Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with wooden toothpicks.

I keep these warm in a crockpot on low, or the "keep warm" setting. The low setting on todays crockpots are a little hotter then the older ones, so watch em!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep em coming. All sound good.

So ....will those Margarita Wings make you a little drunk? :beer:

Ironman

Doc said:
Keep em coming. All sound good.

So ....will those Margarita Wings make you a little drunk? :beer:
No, but the margarita's will.:D Nothing better than chicken wings and tequila!

I haven't tried this yet but its next on my list.

Bacon Wrapped Sausages

2 pkgs. bacon
2 pkg. Little smokies
Light Brown sugar
Toothpicks

Preheat oven to 350. Cut bacon into thirds. Wrap each smokie in a piece of bacon, secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with as much or as little light brown sugar as you like. Bake for about 30 minutes or until bacon crisps.

Ironman

working woman said:
ok ironchef got to ask this, with all these fatting reciepes you weigh how much?? :hide:
LOL, we don't eat like this everyday, I try to feed my kids and me the good stuff most of the time. On special occasions like the superbowl, it gives me an excuse to hang out in the kitchen and do what I love to do. BTW, I go about 230, but I'm 6'3".

I will look for some healthy stuff to post. :)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe its just me, but when I am sitting down in front of a big TV watching something that can cause yelling, screaming and flailing around of the arms, then I don't want food that is really messy.

We tend to eat things like bruchetta with various toppings like marinated sun dried tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. Or artichoke dip on crusty pieces of crisped bread. Plain boiled shrimp is another good one. All those things can be eaten by hand with minimal mess.

As for your bacon wrapped weenies, try this one.
Wrap a small piece of bacon around a large scallop, hold it together with a toothpick & broil it until the bacon is almost done. Douse it with some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ suace and broil until the bacon is completely done (you have to flip it). Do not overcook because the scallops cook quick.

This same reciepe can be altered to swap out the scallop and replace it with a water chestnut for a chruchy texture or even replace it with a raw shrimp.